[HP]

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Might turn out good. Let's wait and see!

On 6/23/2019 at 1:40 PM, Pampers said:

this covers 90% of all youtube gaming content

https://twitter.com/burgerdrome/status/1139360651187326978

yyyyep. That's why I filtered out most "GAMING NEWS!! $$$" youtubers. They just read Reddit, press record and ramble for as long as they can and try to stretch it to 10-14min, then fart that out every day. When they have an opinion, it's always in lockstep with the popular one, to validate their audience and preserve trust.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, FMPONE said:

image.png.5f337adf4270cbeced04fbf3bc1adf19.png

lol, damn!

Doesn't matter much anymore when the initial steps for promoting a "AAA game" don't go well. They will pay all the beloved Youtuber/Streamer shills to play and say good things about the game, and people are gonna start thinking this is a good a deal. Usually it's difficult to detect (and that's the whole point), but other times...

yongyea.JPG.4c5e24472f28ab9a1c449fccda0589da.JPG

Games now work the same way as any other marketable products. Companies can literally buy gamer's trust, and it works reliably because most people forget and don't think 2 steps ahead. We're kinda fucked honestly

It does seem like people are starting to react to this though, so there might be hope. Let's stay positive...

Edited by MikeGon

2 minutes ago, MikeGon said:

Might turn out good. Let's wait and see!

yyyyep. That's why I filtered out most "GAMING NEWS!! $$$" youtubers. They just read Reddit, press record and ramble for as long as they can and try to stretch it to 10-14min, then fart that out every day. When they have an opinion, it's always in lockstep with the popular one, to validate their audience and preserve trust.

Doesn't matter much anymore when the initial steps for promoting a "AAA game" don't go well. They will pay all the beloved Youtuber/Streamer shills to play and say good things about the game, and people are gonna start thinking this is a good a deal. Usually it's difficult to detect (and that's the whole point), but other times...

yongyea.JPG.4c5e24472f28ab9a1c449fccda0589da.JPG

Games now work the same way as any other marketable products. Companies can literally buy gamer's trust, and it works reliably because most people forget and don't think 2 steps ahead. We're kinda fucked honestly

It does seem like people are starting to react to this though, so there might be hope. Let's stay positive...

Remember, that post was reacting to a dumb IGN video, not a Call of Duty video. Most of the buzz I’ve seen around this game is actually very positive, people seem excited for it this time around.

Just now, FMPONE said:

Remember, that post was reacting to a dumb IGN video, not a Call of Duty video. Most of the buzz I’ve seen around this game is actually very positive, people seem excited for it this time around.

Absolutely, I was talking in a broad sense but yeah COD might turn out genuinely good!!

We just need to be very careful not to take any sides here, instead try and understand where people come from and stay as unbiased as humanly possible.

This culture war of "gamers" vs "youtubers" vs "game journous" is incredibly dividing and disappointing, live and let live people it's just fucking video games.

2 hours ago, [HP] said:

Not impressed with the gfx - the shadow 'creep' when moving forwards is really bad...dynamic shadow casting, cascade shadows? Not sure what they were thinking with this, and I seem to recall they updated the 'cod engine' to last five years?

I suppose the gfx are not that important, because cod has always been a kidz game for MP, and the SP campaign has been mostly neglected over the years.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, Minos said:

image.png.ae437c8d5845bd446b25164b181ba644.png

These initiatives of journalists actively trying to boot off independent tubers off the platform (for those who don’t know, some journalists went after the sponsors to stop their revenue) reminds me of the devs claiming the streamers should pay royalties.

This is how stupid this is.

Also if game journalists were doing their jobs instead of pedalling politics, they wouldn’t give ammunition (and views) to the likes.

Edited by blackdog