[HP]

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

It's a reboot, yeah. With focus on "war realism", just like the original MW, so this is not a sequel to MW3.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/30/18644488/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-announced-release-date-trailer-ps4-xbox-pc

One of the goals of the game, and its dual-perspective storyline in particular, is to show various viewpoints of a conflict. “We are telling a story about modern war in the real world,” says Jacob Minkoff, the single-player design director on Modern Warfare. “If we whitewash it, if we backpedal from it, if we show a world where the heroes fight the terrorists and win, you never see the impact on the average person, the collateral damage, or the morally gray situations that soldiers themselves have to face.”

[..]

The shift seems aimed at regaining some of the grit and, at times, controversial appeal of the original Modern Warfare franchise, which mixed action movie theatrics with more politically aware plotlines. Starting with 2007’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the series set itself apart as one willing to take risks, like the disturbing “No Russian” terrorism scene in Modern Warfare 2 that urged players to take part in an airport civilian massacre, or the various instances in which players were put in the shoes of victims of nuclear attacks unfolding in real time.

-Remove he nades (They are bullshit)

-Nerf concusses (They are op)

-Remove sniper breath holding (It's unnecessary) 

-Remove proning (It's bullshit)

-Option to turn hit markers off (It's annoying)

-Add new maps that are true to the original collection in terms of unique layouts and themes (They were great)

Perfection on all levels

(btw i completely discounted the campaign; I'd bet my life on it being dog shit)

Edited by Interfearance

32 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

-Remove he nades (They are bullshit)

-Nerf concusses (They are op)

-Remove sniper breath holding (It's unnecessary) 

-Remove proning (It's bullshit)

-Option to turn hit markers off (It's annoying)

-Add new maps that are true to the original collection in terms of unique layouts and themes (They were great)

I also hope they loose the circular level design they started doing in MW2, it's infuriating to spawn and get killed from the back 2 seconds later, MW1 didn't have this prob because they designed to MP layout/encounters to feel more like "fronts" and less running around like moths.

32 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

(btw i completely discounted the campaign; I'd bet my life on it being dog shit)

I dunno, it can be good. I miss a good CoD SP campaign actually.

Haven’t played much COD at all after the original MW. I hope that by revisiting old ideas they can inject them with new life, look at them from a different angle.

I wonder if they are making the game looking at it as an anthology, and take some missions from the sequels.

Anyway dat warthog flyby scene seems to be/should be “The Bog” mission.

Looks good, glad to hear they are going for a supposedly darker, more mature take on things, cod has historically been rather silly though I've still enjoyed many of them (felt it all went off the rails a few years back with the future spin). I'm well up for some more traditional COD multiplayer especially

IGN what the actual fuck? What a bunch of fucking pussies. Every reason they mention to not like the game, is what real gamers want.

I'm unsubbing from all their media channels I have been until now.

I mean this is an highlight:

Edited by blackdog

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

IGN what the actual fuck? What a bunch of fucking pussies. Every reason they mention to not like the game, is what real gamers want.

They can take my Call of Duty game from my cold dead hands!

tenor.gif

I never been a big fan of the Call of Duty serie afther CoD MW2, but this one really got me hyped! Honestly I think CoD4 MW was the bets one I played and maybe CoD2 and such too, but they are so different. I like the fact they also show the terrorist side and their motivation on things, because you know.. war is not one sided :D

6 hours ago, blackdog said:

IGN what the actual fuck?

image.png.5f337adf4270cbeced04fbf3bc1adf19.png

lol, damn!

Yeah, this is nothing new though, with each year that passes, you're seeing the divide between the games media and gamers getting farther apart.
It would actually be a really interesting psychological dichotomy to try and dissect, if it wasn't such a political minefield, because I've never seen this happen to any industry in my life.

It'll be interesting to see where this will lead.