FMPONE

Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

@moon I am not the definitive voice, but since the winner can be added into the game and csgo never has surreal/fantasy locations accepted I would say it's a no-no. Usually the environments are at least a little rugged and realistic.

Edited by Interfearance

Maps that were under creation prior to the announcement of this Contest can be entered, as long as a complete map version (layout and any non-greybox art) was not released for public download.

How strict is this rule actually? If the spawns have final details, but the layout is still under construction, and the map is released publicly for testing purposes already, would that disqualify it?

2 hours ago, That50'sGuy said:

How strict is this rule actually? If the spawns have final details, but the layout is still under construction, and the map is released publicly for testing purposes already, would that disqualify it?

“Spawns have final details” ...final implies it’s too far along to enter our contest. Not that complicated, we don’t want stuff with art released prior to the announcement. Greyboxes are fine.

I have an original map near final that was not publicly released/fully completed. For this contest, I want to remake it from scratch. The remade version is at the greybox phase with one site implemented. Does this violate rule 3?

Edited by Chi

44 minutes ago, Chi said:

I have an original map near final that was not publicly released/fully completed. For this contest, I want to remake it from scratch. The remade version is at the greybox phase with one site implemented. Does this violate rule 3?

If neither version was publicly released you’re fine.