FMPONE

Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

So how have y'all been fairing so far in your journeys to make a map?

I was having a little problem with the lighting in my map since it's in an abandoned building and It doesn't have lights on. Often times, these places have some natural light that is still there, but that doesn't happen in the CS:GO engine. So I came up with a solution: I now have lots of dark grey light sources that keep the area decently lit, but do a good job at making it look like there is natural ambient light like in real life as opposed to being pitch black. (Though, I do need to tweak it a bit)

bandicam 2019-06-07 21-22-41-016.jpg

20190607212640_1.jpg

Edited by That50'sGuy

The following clarifications have been made to the Contest Rules:

Entry:

"If a Contest Judge has previously published a CS:GO level with a participant, that Judge will be fully disqualified from scoring any entry by that person. In place of the disqualified Judge's score, the entire panel of Guest Judges will be asked to rate the entry, and their rating will then be averaged."

Contest Theme:

Relevance to the "Exotic Places" Theme (Exotic meaning it's normal definition as well as "locations seen infrequently in CS:GO")

The following clarification has been made to the Contest Rules:

Pre-Existing Levels:

Rule 4. Maps that were under creation prior to the announcement of this Contest can be entered, as long as a complete map version (layout and any non-greybox art) was not released for public download.

Practical Application of Rule 4 to levels released prior to June 5, 2019:

On 6/6/2019 at 12:06 PM, millo said:

Would I be allowed to submit a map that is publicly available, layout complete and art is WIP.

No.

This is a good time to remind newcomers to mapcore and/or CSGO level design about @jackophant's thread from the 2015 and 2017 versions of this contest.

It has quite the info and links to have a smooth sailing in this contest (veterans can use it as a refresher too :))

Good luck everyone!

On 6/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, will2k said:

This is a good time to remind newcomers to mapcore and/or CSGO level design about @jackophant's thread from the 2015 and 2017 versions of this contest.

It has quite the info and links to have a smooth sailing in this contest (veterans can use it as a refresher too :))

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the mention 😘

If anyone thinks it needs to be updated, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Might have to see what I can still do for this and then leave it to rot in the workshop for 10 years 🤔

Good luck everyone 😎

@jackophant long time, no see :). Hope all is well on your side. Good luck with your entry.

Might want to look at the radar creation part of your thread and include the new panorama changes. Nothing urgent, just to keep in mind :)

I would also like to bring the attention of newcomers (and veterans alike) to another thread that will prove useful during your project's lifetime for this contest.

@El_Exodus thread from the 2017 contest era

Good luck everyone, you have most of the ammo you need :)