FMPONE

Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

5 minutes ago, Chamii said:

Sounds awsome!

Would it be allowed to use for example @Yanzl 's custom props and textures in the map?

They are really nice and i dont have any experince in creating my own models.

Good luck all!

Make sure to read Yanzl's Source Emporium post. It specifically says "Free for non-commercial use as long as you give appropriate credit"

1 hour ago, Haaselh0ff said:

Make sure to read Yanzl's Source Emporium post. It specifically says "Free for non-commercial use as long as you give appropriate credit"

Yes, I have read through it!

But im not sure if the contest counts as commercial use, thats why i ask  :)

Is it a yes or a no?

Edited by Chamii

Anybody interested in partnering up? I made Roca for the csmapmakers wingman contest and have experience making custom models and textures. Please message me if you are looking for partners.

Just now, DMU222 said:

Anybody interested in partnering up? I made Roca for the csmapmakers wingman contest and have experience making custom models and textures. Please message me if you are looking for partners.

I'd love to, primarily because I could certainly use a good modeler for a handful of props or so.

I believe exotic doesnt mean you have to set youre map somewhere jungley or out of the ordinary, I think its more a way of saying if you do de_dust/inferno/nuke/cobblestone or literally any stock map for a theme, you will lose points for that, so dont be making any Inferno theme spin offs or lame dust copys. I assume it also unfortunately means you cant have your map just be a grey warehouse full of crates either, oh wait no thats a good thing to.

31 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

One note to contestants: don't forget that Hostage Maps exist. It's right there in the rules!

I hope we do see some nice hostage maps from this. It's a fun game mode!

44 minutes ago, fewseb said:

I believe exotic doesnt mean you have to set youre map somewhere jungley or out of the ordinary, I think its more a way of saying if you do de_dust/inferno/nuke/cobblestone or literally any stock map for a theme, you will lose points for that, so dont be making any Inferno theme spin offs or lame dust copys. I assume it also unfortunately means you cant have your map just be a grey warehouse full of crates either, oh wait no thats a good thing to.

Assuming this is true, then that's good news for me then! Abandoned 60's mall, here I come! 😀

Edited by That50'sGuy

1 minute ago, That50'sGuy said:

Well, are you experienced with modeling? That would be a huge help!

not that much, but I think I can help layoutwise. :) (and I think i have time to learn in blender a bit, Holidays are almost there, so Ill give it quite some time, really looking forward to it! I feel like us two can make is somwhere!)

Just now, TECHNICKER said:

not that much, but I think I can help layoutwise. :) (and I think i have time to learn in blender a bit, Holidays are almost there, so Ill give it quite some time, really looking forward to it! I feel like us two can make is somwhere!)

Hmm... I'll think about it, alright? 😀