FMPONE

Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

3 hours ago, Interfearance said:

Where do you guys find themes? I'm getting brainblocked. Everything I like is too massive in scale for the game.

go for the big scale stuff. It's a design challenge and the only way you'll progress is challenging yourself. I put a saturn 5 in a hostage map.

7 hours ago, That50'sGuy said:

Interesting hive-mind, in my ideas document I have:

• a mine concept as well (but I don't think that an open area is so easy to get a good layout for, maybe you mean it's easy to setup and iterate?)
  • a de_convention too, but the backstory and setting would be different from the open plan you have there
Edited by blackdog

4 hours ago, blackdog said:
  • a mine concept as well (but I don't think that an open area is so easy to get a good layout for, maybe you mean it's easy to setup and iterate?)

Heh, I suppose I should have written down the theme better. The idea for that map theme was for most of the map to be in tall tunnels, but the A-Site was to be set on an elevated platform on the side of a huge underground room (With a bottomless pit of course). So what I meant in my text file was that it'd be easy to come up with a layout when the whole place can be carved any way you desire. It was really just from a dream I had once about exploring a mine, and that bit with the big room excited me so much that I wrote that theme into my map ideas list.

Edited by That50'sGuy