Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

28 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

Excited as in this map can be the next big thing.

Not everything is a cash grab/portfolio addition

thinking of it as a 'cash grab' is wrong. It's more like the next logical step; I've been top of the workshop multiple times, had maps played by hundreds if not thousands of people, sold maps to small companies and so what is the next step? If you are not progressing you are stagnating. Getting into the game is like the sole way of being 'the next big thing'

Just now, Interfearance said:

Nah bro it's about wanting a really good map that can work for the game. It's not about how prolific the company that accepts ur map is.

Pro tip. Only map that WORKS for the game are accepted.

Just going to leave this here...

TynriiDumb.png

Edit: After @Puddy's comment I would like to explain the reasoning for this meme. My intention was not to attack Graveyard or its creator, instead I meant to display the clear differences between a greybox map and Graveyard. If anything, this meme is attacking those who claim that Graveyard is a bad map that shouldn't have made the finalists.

Edited by DMU222

2 hours ago, Interfearance said:

Excited as in this map can be the next big thing.

Not everything is a cash grab/portfolio addition

I think it goes without saying that the biggest interest is to get the map in most hands as possible, and being in the game is the only chance really.

1 hour ago, Interfearance said:

Library, insertion, seige, mist, and shipped because of horrendous fps and layout

I haven’t tried Library and Mist, all the others were at least great fun in death match. Insertion, if you got past the initial confusion and tried to play, was actually great fun and delivered the feeling of a Battle Royale game in a more accessible package.

Btw, one can never win in this discussions: first the layouts are non-inventive, once you try something original like Insertion it’s criticised and not given a chance. If the map is actually good you are a sellout to the corporate greed and don’t think of the community.

Dunno what point are you trying to get at, I’m getting Thynnryn (or however it’s spelled) vibes… I don’t even know why we waste time arguing anymore.

Edited by blackdog

CSGO Players are like... "People are wasting hunderd of hours of their life to make extra free content for my favorite game, fuck them !!!"

I always wanted to make a new map for the game or, why not, finishing Highlands huhu. I even started a map for this competition, even with the small amount of free time I can have with a kid to take care of. But when I read the shit talk from csgo "pgm", seriously, why I would do that ?

33 minutes ago, ElectroSheep said:

CSGO Players are like... "People are wasting hunderd of hours of their life to make extra free content for my favorite game, fuck them !!!"

I always wanted to make a new map for the game or, why not, finishing Highlands huhu. I even started a map for this competition, even with the small amount of free time I can have with a kid to take care of. But when I read the shit talk from csgo "pgm", seriously, why I would do that ?

I think this is a good benchmark for how far this convo has gone off. I was talking about how maps today have a really similar layout style in the beginning

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

like Insertion it’s criticised and not given a chance.

Well I think there are certain fundamentals that keep the game in control like having defined areas, and they all got ignored on that map. It was cool though

1 hour ago, Interfearance said:

I think this is a good benchmark for how far this convo has gone off. I was talking about how maps today have a really similar layout style in the beginning

They really don't though, this you not understanding the nuances that go into map design. Each of the top 11 maps in the contest play radically different.

1 hour ago, Vaya said:

They really don't though, this you not understanding the nuances that go into map design. Each of the top 11 maps in the contest play radically different.

I understand this, but a lot of it is also very fundamentally similar to what we have seen before. It is hard to explain, but u can pm you the sort of layout I am talking about when school is out. The whole composition is different

Also there are 11?

Edited by Interfearance

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies