FMPONE

Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

On 2/13/2020 at 2:44 AM, Interfearance said:

Why do people care if their map gets accepted temporarily? The dream should be to have something that gets players excited and is different in a big way. 

In active duty there are only 2 layouts that resemble every map we see now. An interesting statistic I found was that pros choose inferno, train, and ovp before Dust 2 on average. 

You really asking? Having a map that was included in official release of one of the biggest e-sport games out there is a killer. Your sentence doesnt make sense. You get your map in game and players will get excited about it. I think that's enough for people to care for their map to gets accepted.

14 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

Not everything is a cash grab/portfolio addition

That's what I was kinda thinking. This is a huge time investment to get anywhere close to something decent. Most of us know we aren't guaranteed anything even if our maps are popular. To me it's a pation project and it's nice to have a community around it. I know mapcore sometimes has the reputation to be more about the art then layout. I can kinda see why but maps don't tend to get far without a soild tested layout first or they'll suffers greatly.

Edited by Lefty

30 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

Excited as in this map can be the next big thing.

Because making the "next big thing" isn't a portfolio addition? LOL

28 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

thinking of it as a 'cash grab' is wrong. It's more like the next logical step; I've been top of the workshop multiple times, had maps played by hundreds if not thousands of people, sold maps to small companies and so what is the next step? If you are not progressing you are stagnating. Getting into the game is like the sole way of being 'the next big thing'

Just now, Interfearance said:

Nah bro it's about wanting a really good map that can work for the game. It's not about how prolific the company that accepts ur map is.

Pro tip. Only map that WORKS for the game are accepted.

1 minute ago, Interfearance said:

Ur joking right 

Take a guess. Give me a map name that was included in csgo and didn't work  for the game.

Just going to leave this here...

TynriiDumb.png

Edit: After @Puddy's comment I would like to explain the reasoning for this meme. My intention was not to attack Graveyard or its creator, instead I meant to display the clear differences between a greybox map and Graveyard. If anything, this meme is attacking those who claim that Graveyard is a bad map that shouldn't have made the finalists.

Edited by DMU222

50 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Take a guess. Give me a map name that was included in csgo and didn't work  for the game.

Library, insertion, seige, mist, and shipped because of horrendous fps and layout

Edited by Interfearance

2 hours ago, Interfearance said:

I think it goes without saying that the biggest interest is to get the map in most hands as possible, and being in the game is the only chance really.

1 hour ago, Interfearance said:

Library, insertion, seige, mist, and shipped because of horrendous fps and layout

I haven’t tried Library and Mist, all the others were at least great fun in death match. Insertion, if you got past the initial confusion and tried to play, was actually great fun and delivered the feeling of a Battle Royale game in a more accessible package.

Btw, one can never win in this discussions: first the layouts are non-inventive, once you try something original like Insertion it’s criticised and not given a chance. If the map is actually good you are a sellout to the corporate greed and don’t think of the community.

Dunno what point are you trying to get at, I’m getting Thynnryn (or however it’s spelled) vibes… I don’t even know why we waste time arguing anymore.

Edited by blackdog

CSGO Players are like... "People are wasting hunderd of hours of their life to make extra free content for my favorite game, fuck them !!!"

I always wanted to make a new map for the game or, why not, finishing Highlands huhu. I even started a map for this competition, even with the small amount of free time I can have with a kid to take care of. But when I read the shit talk from csgo "pgm", seriously, why I would do that ?