FMPONE

Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

7 minutes ago, Roald said:

updated the workshop collection, if your map is missing (or having an old/abandon version in the collection) just PM me!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1950169391

thanks for the effort! ❤️

13 minutes ago, JorisCeoen said:

Due to a very, veeeeery tricky bug my map couldn't compile for the past 5 houres. Shawn and I finally found the culprits, though, and will be able to compile after all. Will this be alright, since it'll be past the deadline?

If you still had your test version up and linked on your topic it would technically count as entered, so if you updated that version you should "Theoretically" be fine but its up to the judges.

9 hours ago, Timure said:

Bascially every thread tynnyri is in in a nutshell

This made my day. I love how much effort you put into that legendary meme just to roast a blue plastic barrel on the internet 😂

Why do people care if their map gets accepted temporarily? The dream should be to have something that gets players excited and is different in a big way. 

In active duty there are only 2 layouts that resemble every map we see now. An interesting statistic I found was that pros choose inferno, train, and ovp before Dust 2 on average. 

Edited by Interfearance

12 minutes ago, Interfearance said:

Why do people care if their map gets accepted temporarily?

Thats the whole point, nobody will play your map outside of maybe the faceit hub. You also get payed for youre work. The days where people would join random CSS servers and play anything are long over, the only way people are going to play your map is if it gets in the game.

7 minutes ago, Tynnyri said:

People have lost interest in custom maps that got accepted to the game a long time ago as every custom map that gets accepted to the game has been a random low-level hostage map or another mirage/cache clone.

If you wish people to enjoy custom maps, do not prop up custom maps that lower the overall gameplay quality/fun factor of playing custom maps: When every custom map has the same layout, bugs galore and no new gimmicks, then it's not the playerbase whose choices have created a bad enviroment for the custom maps. It's the people in the mapping community who prop up maps that aren't designed by the playerbase for the playerbase.

There's no point in reminiscing about the CS:S days of mapper and player feedback loops. Those will never happen again. We're making sure of it right here.

we have 100+ pieces of feedback logged from faceit hub players. You are aggressively clueless

2 minutes ago, Tynnyri said:

Wait I think you're responding to the wrong person.

We can take this to DMs because you seem pretty interested in this topic but to make sure you understand why I am confused here's what happened in this thread:

Mapper is looking back in times when playerbase was interested in community maps and wants to get back to such times.

I explain that the attitude of the mappers themselves has to focus on the playerbase for them to be interested in your work in return.

You tell me that you are indeed interested in the core playerbase by propping up a 3rd party website advertised for people who get matchmaking bans from the most popular gamemode in the playerbase.

faceit acts more like a 'post matchmaking' service. I don't think many of our core players (who *just* play the mapcore hubs now and have come to US to play) are doing so out of any kind of ban; we remove toxic players very quickly. I'd say the wider playerbase is 100% interested in community maps but don't see a point in learning maps that are temporarily available.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:44 AM, Interfearance said:

Why do people care if their map gets accepted temporarily? The dream should be to have something that gets players excited and is different in a big way. 

I might add to what @fewseb said, that I don’t see how nowadays you would get your map acquired by valve as an official map (like Cache is) unless it was tested several times temporarily.

Also, forgetting the monetary incentive for a moment, if the map is in the official map cycle, you can brag about it in your CV and say you created content for a CSGO DLC. If you are looking for a LD job that’s gold.

Edited by blackdog

On 2/13/2020 at 2:44 AM, Interfearance said:

In active duty there are only 2 layouts that resemble every map we see now. An interesting statistic I found was that pros choose inferno, train, and ovp before Dust 2 on average. 

You really asking? Having a map that was included in official release of one of the biggest e-sport games out there is a killer. Your sentence doesnt make sense. You get your map in game and players will get excited about it. I think that's enough for people to care for their map to gets accepted.