FMPONE

Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

Woohoo, another contest to enter and then not have time to complete my map! 🤣 In all seriousness though, thanks for organising this, and good luck to all participants.

I have an annoying question about the theme though, because I find it a bit vague and there are 25 points at stake! Whose definition of "exotic" are we aiming to satisfy? As far as my understanding of the word goes, exotic basically just means "foreign", and we're all foreigners somewhere. I see at least two fellow Brits on the expert panel who might have a wildly different idea of what constitutes Exotic than a judge who lives in the Galapagos or Switzerland.

7 minutes ago, text_fish said:

I have an annoying question about the theme though, because I find it a bit vague and there are 25 points at stake! Whose definition of "exotic" are we aiming to satisfy?

My guess is that the theme just has to be something we've never seen before. Like perhaps a snowy construction site, or a mine site in a forest, or heck even a 1970's style fish factory with big ole sawblades everywere is exotic in my eyes because it's certainly original 😂

Edited by That50'sGuy

Sounds awsome!

Would it be allowed to use for example @Yanzl 's custom props and textures in the map?

They are really nice and i dont have any experince in creating my own models.

Good luck all!