Sign in to follow this  
Roald

[FC5] Moonshine

So I made this map to try out a new map editor, work with another game/gamemode and expand my portfolio and thought it would be cool to share it with you guys.
Its a stealth mode where you are imprisoned in a Vietnam camp in the jungle. You have to find your way out of the camp (solo or coop) and while doing so eliminating three targets and get to the extraction point

1TiO1tG.jpg
1DLPOCR.jpg
WsoSVL4.jpg

Edited by Roald

Looks pretty cool聽馃檪聽I haven't played FC5 myself, nor am I familiar with FC modding, is the Stealth Mode stock content or did you implement it yourself?

Some feedback after having watched the playthrough:

I only watched the playthrough, but I'm assuming the level is non-linear (at least to a degree). I think what was lacking overall was (a) point(s) of focus/direction. There's hardly any contrast in lighting while a night theme would be especially suitable for this! The mood is nice聽overall, but overall little stands out to guide the player.Since it's an escape scenario, it would be helpful to give the player a glimpse of roughly where the extraction point is in the beginning of the scenario (for example, a distant guard tower with searchlights next to the entrance/exit of the compound).聽

Keep it up!

Looks great but agree (just by looking at screens for now) that you are missing out on cool lighting opportunities, can use some coloured light sources to distinguish the different objectives etc as suggested by Squad

21 hours ago, Squad said:

Looks pretty cool聽馃檪聽I haven't played FC5 myself, nor am I familiar with FC modding, is the Stealth Mode stock content or did you implement it yourself?

Some feedback after having watched the playthrough:

I only watched the playthrough, but I'm assuming the level is non-linear (at least to a degree). I think what was lacking overall was (a) point(s) of focus/direction. There's hardly any contrast in lighting while a night theme would be especially suitable for this! The mood is nice聽overall, but overall little stands out to guide the player.Since it's an escape scenario, it would be helpful to give the player a glimpse of roughly where the extraction point is in the beginning of the scenario (for example, a distant guard tower with searchlights next to the entrance/exit of the compound).聽

Keep it up!

Everything is stock content. I don't think FC really supports stealth mode. In some scenario's you sneak up kill 1/2 enemies but in most you just rambo arround and shoot everyone in your path.聽
I just enabled the option to have one shot one kill, so stealth mode is required really (too hard to make noise and get all AI's attacking you)聽

It is non-linear yes, however I prefer linear levels, but wanted to experiment a litle with it. I think some great lighting as you said would do a great job on navigating the player arround and attract him to certain areas and lead him trough the level. However I didn't find anything that supports lights and such really, besides the bonfire props聽which generate a litle bit of light on their own. Its very different from hammer/UE聽and etc. OR I didn't explore the editor enough! For a next map I would defenitly make it super linear while chosing this kind of scenario. I think the more open world fits better to the outpost gamemode where the focus is on one area in the map you have to eliminate the enemies and gain control.聽

Anyhow I prefer level design for FPS multiplayer gamemodes I found out, but it was a fun experience and perhaps in a more singeplayer story mode (and with more experience)聽I could defenitly enjoy and appriciate this some more.聽

Edited by Roald