Too many, lol.

I love me a good open world, I can't wait for Death Stranding, but I'm looking forward for coop and SP games to make a big comeback, I think you're slowly starting to see them coming back, actually. Gimme a 4 to 8 hour long video game with good graphics, good gameplay, good story, good music, etc. Just a nice round package that I can pay 50 bucks for and doesn't try to make me pay for slices of the game that should be in the full package.

The industry needs to loose this silly notion that bigger is better.

23 hours ago, DMU222 said:

Personally I'm only excited for Cyberpunk, unless Nintendo announces something Zelda related or Valve announces something VR related.

After reading this thread, I have decided to also be excited for Halo Infinite and Titanfall 3 (hopefully).

You know what'd make for a great open world game though? Predator. It would actually play into that fantasy pretty well having a large jungle area to go about hunting and using your gadgets. Story-wise could be something simple like a previous predator having been captured that you need to rescue and also destroy the tech that's been taken. You could throw in the aliens as a subplot, like destroying the hives before they can spread. 

3 minutes ago, Radu said:

You know what'd make for a great open world game though? Predator. It would actually play into that fantasy pretty well having a large jungle area to go about hunting and using your gadgets. Story-wise could be something simple like a previous predator having been captured that you need to rescue and also destroy the tech that's been taken. You could throw in the aliens as a subplot, like destroying the hives before they can spread. 

That WOULD be cool. But you'll probably have to be satisfied with the Avatar game for now.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:13 AM, Radu said:

OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN THE PREDATOR IN AN HOUR, DIS GAME SUX

On 5/8/2019 at 2:13 AM, Radu said:

No shut up, now here is my great idea, COOP 4 person horde shooter set in the Predator/Alien Universe. The aliens run at you and melee you, the predators have guns that shoot perhaps? IDK ill leave that to the geeks in gave development. You and 3 friends walk up to highlighted objects and stop and press e for about 30 seconds and then something will happen, do that about 30 times and you win, well have unlockable skins for the guns, have new epic alien types, ill also see about digging Sigourney Weaver from her crypt so she can voice the mission giver and record about 30 lines of dialogue total. Nolan North voices Troy Baker doing his best Nathan Drake impression for Playable Character #1, Playable Character #2 is a person of African decent, those are hip with the kids these days, they should also be voiced by Nolan North, Playable Character #3 is a gruff old man aged 40, voiced by Troy Baker, he smokes, thats his whole character.  Playable Character #4 is of course a new female character who looks likes a rip off of Ripley from Alien but isnt actually Ripley but dont tell anyone or else they wont buy the game, she is also voice by Nolan North.

We are expecting to sell about 1 Billion units, if we dont, we will shut down this whole division and fire everyone, also you have 6 months to make this game.

3 hours ago, [HP] said:

Assymetric online experience? Where you can play as the monster against 4 other people? Why does this sound familiar? I hope they don't end up the same way as Evolve.

Looks cool though, but why not single player - come on

Edited by Radu

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, FrieChamp said:

WHAT!? @Radu can you please post some more game ideas because IT'S WORKING!

maybe we'll also see a 4 player coop Aliens game designed like Payday 2/L4D

Also,

Edited by Radu

Microsoft

I think that from a console perspective, there is a chance that Microsoft might 'blow their wad' by accident and announce their next console.

Their back is up against the wall at the moment and, this makes people do silly things like: tell everyone you got a new console, when all you got is mock-ups and 'projected/target' benchmarks. I do recall the Xbox one on display one year was really a PC under the stand with windows 7 running on it.

Sony

Contrary to this, Sony are not under any real pressure with announcing anything substantive, as the PS4 is doing great. That said, we could see some hints and projections, but probably more like 'look how awesome the PS4 is doing!' - that kind of thing. Probably talk about partnerships, indie games publishing, the PS Store, blah de blah.

In essence, Sony will be making PS4 owners sure that they are being catered for and not being forgotten about - especially if Microsoft 'blow their wad', as this will most certainly be seen as an aggressive move towards the people who bought the Xbox one and all of its runty children.

Nintendo

Probably not much more that a few beatings of their drums about their games and online successes. Lots of talks about their back catalogue. Switch appears to be doing just fine in its own bracket...I doubt anything new on h/w fronts - maybe a reduction in price + some new back catalogue openings, at best.

Broken promises

There is going to be a lot of back-pedalling from publishers and developers on what has transpired these last 12 months. I fully expect to see those who shall not be named making a series of excuses as to why their head should not be on the chopping block.

To back this up, I strongly suspect they will reword and rephrase stuff they 'said at the time' and attempt to turn these broken promises into (like politicians do the morning after election results come in) a series of vapid statements. They then will then use phraseology like 'the team is committed to excellence' and 'we are working hard to address these concerns' and probably 'we fully understand why people said x, y, z about this that and the other'. The language being used is essentially the verbal equivalent of Ne0 in The Matrix, dodging bullets in slow motion - because all developers want to be The One.

Political correctness

Without going into detail - I suspect there are going to be lots of capitulation towards 'SJW's' (if that term is even used any more?) and the whole topic about what is and is not being done to 'combat' any of these subjective points of view. No one wants to be seen as not being at the very least 'aware' of these concerns, and no doubt will spin a line here and there about it. More female characters...more females working at our company than anyone else...doing our part of the 'insert community here' community...blah de blah...lots of stats, figures, numbers, percentages, photos of staff wearing rainbow tee-shirts on a company picnic...

I have no views on this, other than it is a fine line to walk between being genuine, and pandering to the masses - which in turn insults the people you are pandering to and shines a big spotlight on your hypocritical nature. There will be no winners on this topic, as it is tooooooo contentious, and impossible to actually show concern versus showing that you are saying something just to either figuratively protect your read end, or get people to get their wallets out.

Celebrities

I really should have that in quotations:). C-Z (no A's or B's) people who have got some sort of following somewhere for some reason. Probably a few sports personalities talking about how they 'really connect with people' who play the game they happen to be in, yet, don't play the game as they are too busy driving their Ferrari, or living it large in their Penthouse apartments.

Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Yup. No joke. It's time. Valve have got their back against the wall with Steam and companies using other platforms for distribution digitally...so, it would make complete and total and utter sense for them to release games of their own again. IF they do - they get to keep all of the money from sales, versus giving another company 70% of the revenue, they can have 100%. it really is that simple: 100% versus 30%.

Even if it is a bad game, everyone here knows it will sell a gazillion units.

I also would like to think there is a chance that Valve would use a satirical message along the lines of 'metoo' movement, but instead of studio executives, it could be gamers that have been subjected to the psychological torture over a decade of not being able to play HL2:Ep3...a long and drawn out relationship with Valve. I think that would be very funny, with some short films of gamers describing the emotional torment of not playing the final episode :)

They might call it the "Me3 movement" .

I find it beyond shocking to realise that all Valve have to do to make $1billion, would be to have Gabe Newall walk on stage with a crow-bar held high, and just stand there in the middle of the stage...he wouldn't even have to say anything!