I'm hoping for some stuff from Nintendo! I know they don't tend to do a conference thing, but they usually show off their new games there. Maybe a new Zelda? That'd be cool. Hopefully they expand on BotW's open world a bit and make it a little more engaging.

Other than that, not sure really. Intrigued by Star Wars!

I stopped anticipating or caring about E3 (or any game convention for that matter) a long time ago.

However, this year is a bit different; for the first time in over a decade I'm "hyped" about 2 games: Dying Light 2 followed by Cyberpunk 2077.

Last year, they barely revealed their existence with a small trailer and not much info, and then...radio silence for a year

I sure hope we get some juicy bits this year, otherwise, "blue balls" for another year :|

I'm holding my cards on the console hw announcements but I'm expecting roughly 1 total big announcement with  a standard deviation of 1.5.  🙂

As for software what I would love:

- more BotW yes please

- DL 2 also on my list...

- ...but I really want to see more in the Horizon Zero Dawn franchise. Not sure if a sequel is really called for but I'd take it if we got one.

Meanwhile...if anyone is at the show we should find a time to meet up.  I'll be there all week.

Would love to see some more Cyberpunk 2077 and any of the big first party titles Nintendo might have for the Switch.

Other than that I'm not really looking forward to anything. Maybe Sony can surprise us with another first party title or Valve can actually announce a game - Are Valve even going?

Expected

i think it’s a given that we’ll see more of Cyberpunk.

Wishing (Want to see)

What Rocksteady has been working on! I really want another Batman game, but I’ve been wandering if they’ll spin off the Arkham series and do a Man of Steel/Green Arrow game, considering the (environments) mentions to Superman and Oliver Queen in Arkham City. More recently I’ve been reflecting that maybe they’d expand what they have to include JLA characters. I just hope DC hasn’t overtaken direction and requested specific heroes to support their movies.

I also would really like to see a new Splinter Cell! Remove Blacklist from the continuity and return to Ironside please.

What if

Rockstar announces GTA6?

Also Microsoft will possibly have a competitors-free floor, what if they unveil the new console?

Edited by blackdog

I want to see fresh and interesting games that don't have a ton of mechanics or overly complicated UIs and controls! And hopefully new IPs that are actually new, and not just remixes of " what's cool"  now (I'll kill myself if I see another post-apocalyptic game where everyone has tattoos and pink hair). And hopefully there's a game with cats as protagonists.