Sign in to follow this  

Let's make some bets, how many open world games will there be?

Too many, lol.

I love me a good open world, I can't wait for Death Stranding, but I'm looking forward for coop and SP games to make a big comeback, I think you're slowly starting to see them coming back, actually. Gimme a 4 to 8 hour long video game with good graphics, good gameplay, good story, good music, etc. Just a nice round package that I can pay 50 bucks for and doesn't try to make me pay for slices of the game that should be in the full package.

The industry needs to loose this silly notion that bigger is better.

23 hours ago, DMU222 said:

Personally I'm only excited for Cyberpunk, unless Nintendo announces something Zelda related or Valve announces something VR related.

After reading this thread, I have decided to also be excited for Halo Infinite and Titanfall 3 (hopefully).

You know what'd make for a great open world game though? Predator. It would actually play into that fantasy pretty well having a large jungle area to go about hunting and using your gadgets. Story-wise could be something simple like a previous predator having been captured that you need to rescue and also destroy the tech that's been taken. You could throw in the aliens as a subplot, like destroying the hives before they can spread. 

3 minutes ago, Radu said:

You know what'd make for a great open world game though? Predator. It would actually play into that fantasy pretty well having a large jungle area to go about hunting and using your gadgets. Story-wise could be something simple like a previous predator having been captured that you need to rescue and also destroy the tech that's been taken. You could throw in the aliens as a subplot, like destroying the hives before they can spread. 

That WOULD be cool. But you'll probably have to be satisfied with the Avatar game for now.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:13 AM, Radu said:

OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN THE PREDATOR IN AN HOUR, DIS GAME SUX

On 5/8/2019 at 2:13 AM, Radu said:

No shut up, now here is my great idea, COOP 4 person horde shooter set in the Predator/Alien Universe. The aliens run at you and melee you, the predators have guns that shoot perhaps? IDK ill leave that to the geeks in gave development. You and 3 friends walk up to highlighted objects and stop and press e for about 30 seconds and then something will happen, do that about 30 times and you win, well have unlockable skins for the guns, have new epic alien types, ill also see about digging Sigourney Weaver from her crypt so she can voice the mission giver and record about 30 lines of dialogue total. Nolan North voices Troy Baker doing his best Nathan Drake impression for Playable Character #1, Playable Character #2 is a person of African decent, those are hip with the kids these days, they should also be voiced by Nolan North, Playable Character #3 is a gruff old man aged 40, voiced by Troy Baker, he smokes, thats his whole character.  Playable Character #4 is of course a new female character who looks likes a rip off of Ripley from Alien but isnt actually Ripley but dont tell anyone or else they wont buy the game, she is also voice by Nolan North.

We are expecting to sell about 1 Billion units, if we dont, we will shut down this whole division and fire everyone, also you have 6 months to make this game.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:13 AM, Radu said:

You know what'd make for a great open world game though? Predator. It would actually play into that fantasy pretty well having a large jungle area to go about hunting and using your gadgets. 

3 hours ago, [HP] said:

Assymetric online experience? Where you can play as the monster against 4 other people? Why does this sound familiar? I hope they don't end up the same way as Evolve.

Looks cool though, but why not single player - come on

Edited by Radu

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, FrieChamp said:

WHAT!? @Radu can you please post some more game ideas because IT'S WORKING!

maybe we'll also see a 4 player coop Aliens game designed like Payday 2/L4D

Also,

Edited by Radu