Roald

de_tracks

I have had several playtests, the last one was very long ago, but still had the paperlist with feedback laying on my desk and feld like working on it, so here an update:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1836479638

LsIO76L.jpg
KklpqM7.jpg
wS3Y1LU.jpg
rvjHJWL.jpg
iVSkLNs.jpg
Rf0p8ff.jpg

Edited by Roald

4 hours ago, blackdog said:

Looks great!

do some of the carts move? I was trying to imagine recently how moving bomb sites would be like. Guess was because I looked at some TF2 screens :) 

Well since its CS:GO I probally wont make them carts move :D I do have a sliding door though! I hope thats cool enough for ya

Just checking since you were talking about randomization. I could see carts switch spots every map load to give a couple different looks to choke points. I would at least like to try and see how some (slow) moving cover would affect the gameplay.

I know most CSGO players like things set in stone, although I remember good ol' Havana: it worked really well imo.

I was thinking back to it as well, and I think that if randomization is kept to a minimal, and players can see from the very start what version of the map was loaded, it is possible to play even competitively.

Edited by blackdog

@blackdog Having thought of every uncompetitive idea at least once in my life, this was a thought I had as well. However:

-Prefiring is killed, especially if randomization is at choke

-New players might be very confused when learning the map due to its key battlegrounds changing each round.

-Many smokes and other nades lineups are rendered impossible due to lack of certainty of cover placement.

I actually enjoy these ideas, but a good rule of thumb is to keep things predictable and controllable by the player. Randomness is very tilting to play with in a competitive environment (think uno).

I also love those ideas, thats why I started this layout to bring in dynamic ideas, but then quickly find out its not going to work and making things hella difficult. (I had moving gondolas at the Avalanche map 😋) So.. I keep things static which most csgo players prefer and organise a test afther the contest to see how it plays now. 

17 hours ago, Interfearance said:

@blackdog Having thought of every uncompetitive idea at least once in my life, this was a thought I had as well. However:

-Prefiring is killed, especially if randomization is at choke

-New players might be very confused when learning the map due to its key battlegrounds changing each round.

-Many smokes and other nades lineups are rendered impossible due to lack of certainty of cover placement.

I actually enjoy these ideas, but a good rule of thumb is to keep things predictable and controllable by the player. Randomness is very tilting to play with in a competitive environment (think uno).

Those are of course concerns, but that’s why I said players need to understand from the start (spawn) which scenario they are in. If done well you can still have lineups… just of course you’d need to learn more. Also prefire you’d have to learn more angles but it would be doable.

Of course I imagine most people would be against it :( players are somewhat lazy when it comes down to this

PS: maybe with the unraked matches there’s a bit of space for more “brawl” maps

Edited by blackdog