Sign in to follow this  
┌HP┘

PlayStation 5 Reveal

Monetising the hints 🙄
It’s hard to get a proper feeling, not sure how much is contextual to the activity you are on, but it seems to me there are just too many cards, which would cause so much flicking… I’d like to see some sort of categorisation.

A bit of a shame they havent fixed the whole library thing. If a console wants to go digital only, which they evidently both do. They need to change how they display games that you have bought, not just showing installed games in a linear list with all bought games hidden away in a thing somewhere.

Games library > social apps etc

On 10/16/2020 at 10:36 PM, Vilham said:

A bit of a shame they havent fixed the whole library thing. If a console wants to go digital only, which they evidently both do. They need to change how they display games that you have bought, not just showing installed games in a linear list with all bought games hidden away in a thing somewhere.

Games library > social apps etc

Yeah, it’s not hard, so it’sa conscious choice… which I can’t make sense of.

Just like they are removing the wish list  from the PS Store! I mean why? 🤯

(they also doing selling PS3 titles, guess to prevent back compatibility PR problems)

On 10/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, Buddy said:

Kinda bummed out that we are not getting PS1/2/3 back compatibility. I was kind of looking forward to having one piece of hardware do it all especially because it should be possible with the amount of processing power it has 😕

I would have loved this. I would pay a premium for some kind of special ultimate ps5 too. Sounds like the new playstation head wants to bury old games though :(

Looks incredible, day 1 purchase. Look at that thing anyone on here who thinks that doesn't look GOOD needs their eyes examined and their IQ tested. 

;)

Edited by Vilham

Bad video for his standards, I can sense his fanboy excitement more than when unwrapping a phone…

but yeah if you want to see in video and real world scenario

5 hours ago, AlexM said:

I would have loved this. I would pay a premium for some kind of special ultimate ps5 too. Sounds like the new playstation head wants to bury old games though :(

Isn’t this necessary to make you pay for the subscription to play older games?

Also this could come down the line as a sw update?

6 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Bad video for his standards, I can sense his fanboy excitement more than when unwrapping a phone…

but yeah if you want to see in video and real world scenario

Isn’t this necessary to make you pay for the subscription to play older games?

Also this could come down the line as a sw update?

You are probably right. The thing is I have a huge shelf of ps1/ps2/ps3 games I'd like to play without having to setup the old systems. I don't want to pay for this. ESPECIALLY if it's a streaming solution, I don't want to introduce input lag.

My understanding is that xboxone allows this. I worry Sony is getting arrogant again with this stuff and MS is a scrappy hungry fighter.

Totally with you @AlexM, I don’t mean to endorse the practice. It might be a way to keep the discussion going on social (I’ve seen many about this topic). If they’ve left the door open for emulation on the machine, they can always sweep in further down the line to boost sales “we listened to you” and so on.

Yeah MS is really biting into the “service” aspect of their business, after that kick in the nuts at the Xbone launch (when they offered a way to limit circulation of used copies).

If Sony does what MS did with the xbone I would love that! All I want is a way to play my old games without having to go into storage and using a bunch of cable converters or buying them again.

I've got this gem sitting next to me and I'm so close to hooking up my PS2 :D

God_Hand_(2006_Playstation_2)_video_game