Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

PlayStation 5 Reveal

On 9/8/2020 at 3:26 AM, Buddy said:

Good, don't need to get the console then, just be patient for couple years :)

I think this is where the future of gaming is going, tbh.

If Xbox's plan is any indication of where it's all going, tbh everyone wins. If you already have a beefy PC you dumped $2000+ in, you're not left out anymore.

Pleasantly surprised by the pricing, was expecting to be slightly more expensive than the Xbox. I wonder if they had to re-adjust their strategy.
Digital Edition in particular doesn't look half bad at all, not that I will go and buy anything for christmas since I got a used聽PS4 last year, but the pricing makes it really enticing, the Xbox S was making me look at it just because with that price it demanded attention聽馃槄

Anyway I wouldn't buy a next gen console until I also buy a 4K HDR TV, don't see the point otherwise. It will be a long while before this happens.

Pre-orders already sold out everywhere, which means either everyone is buying the disc version (hopefully) or Sony made excess stock of the digital thinking it's the model most likely to sell better.

4 minutes ago, DMU222 said:

I know very little about console hardware, but this feels聽like a ton of plastic around an average amount of internals. They could have made it much smaller, right?

Yeah, I wonder if is an engineering need or if it marketing strategy.

I'm referring to cooling problems and the inevitable "slim" version they release through the cycle: can they not cool it so they make it bigger, then they find solutions, or they purposedly make them bigger so they have the excuse for a refresh to sell later?

But like I said since the announcement, if I was to get a PS5 before a slim version is released, I would definitely do it if I can find a way to make it smaller/source a modded version. This is not just big, but also really ugly.

9 hours ago, DMU222 said:

I know very little about console hardware, but this feels聽like a ton of plastic around an average amount of internals. They could have made it much smaller, right?

I'm pretty sure heat is the main reason why they've made it so large. Air needs room to flow through that big heat sink.

PS4 Pro screams so loud that you need to crank up the volume or use headphones... That's what they try to avoid with this design.

Edited by Zarsky

2 hours ago, Zarsky said:

I'm pretty sure heat is the main reason why they've made it so large. Air needs room to flow through that big heat sink.

PS4 Pro screams so loud that you need to crank up the volume or use headphones, that's what they try to avoid with this design.

If size is the answer to low noise, be it... sometimes the PS4-pro sounds like it's going to take off.聽