Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

PlayStation 5 Reveal

Both MS and Sony did invest in processing power for 3D audio. Their current hardware can do it, but if developers do so they are forced to cut down elsewhere because there isn't enough power to do 3D audio plus graphics.

This is some phd work from 2014. It makes a huge difference in immersion.

I'm kinda bummed they're sticking with the parallel thumb-sticks. I think the asymmetric design of the Xbox / Nintendo Pro Controller is much superior and much more confortable.

Yeah that's the one thing I never liked about PS controllers. Always feels awkward holding both analogue sticks at the same time... But then I wonder if its just because I'm used to the Xbox configuration.

I don't really mind, i like both.

But in the end, you hands are symetrical and you use both sticks at the same time for a FPS for instance, it makes sense to have the 2 thumbs in the same position ^^
But on the other hand, the D-pad is practically never used as such so why have it at the resting position of the thumb and not the stick !

It's fine to me I like both !

I'm glad they are moving on a new design, it seems to me that it will be more comfortable (like the Xbox one and Switch pro controllers)

On 4/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, PogoP said:

Yeah that's the one thing I never liked about PS controllers. Always feels awkward holding both analogue sticks at the same time... But then I wonder if its just because I'm used to the Xbox configuration.

I’m surprised how easily I got comfy with the PS4 controller, I remember in the past having a real hard time… I guess that’s because Spider-Man is the first game I played and the actions relate to similar games, so a soft way to get used to the pad.

But I still mechanically try to reach the D-pad where is located on the Xbox controller.

And considering what @leplubodeslapin says, I wonder why the stocks are not symmetrical but up top, if anything.

~
Regarding the controversy on the design choice looking like a mankini… I dunno, I see Wall-E first.

Btw am I the only one annoyed by the PS4 light? Can it not be turned off, at least for games that don’t use it at all?

On 4/11/2020 at 5:06 PM, blackdog said:

Btw am I the only one annoyed by the PS4 light? Can it not be turned off, at least for games that don’t use it at all?

On the controller? Never bothered me - but you can turn the brightness down in the settings.