Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

PlayStation 5 Reveal

Recommended Posts

PS5!! im still in thoughts to treat myself to a ps4 jst to play GoW + Spiderman but now!!!..should i wait??.. what next ... xbox 720? .. (spiderman actually looks sht hot in this vid though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, +Rusty+ said:

PS5!! im still in thoughts to treat myself to a ps4 jst to play GoW + Spiderman but now!!!..should i wait??.. what next ... xbox 720? .. (spiderman actually looks sht hot in this vid though).

It seems to me that PS5 will be more like PS4.5. Meaning, it will still be able to run PS4 games, but PS4's wont be able to run PS5 games. So, they're trying to find a good middle ground to respect their ecosystem.

You can get a PS4 (non-pro model) for dirt cheap nowadays, deffo worth to play the games you mentioned, and other badass PS4 exclusives like U4, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Horizon, Days Gone, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was all ready to go out and buy a ps4 to get resident evil and now it’s like why do I even fucking bother when the new one is coming out. Consoles fucking suck. Should I even get a ps5 when they all blow right on launch and you have to wait two years for them to work the bugs out? I can’t deal y’all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FMPONE said:

I was all ready to go out and buy a ps4 to get resident evil and now it’s like why do I even fucking bother when the new one is coming out. Consoles fucking suck. Should I even get a ps5 when they all blow right on launch and you have to wait two years for them to work the bugs out? I can’t deal y’all

Mmm, the ps4 came out in 2013, exactly 5 years ago. My launch day PS4 still works great since day one. (I gifted it to my brother, and got myself a PS4-pro to Play RDR2 in superpample mode).
Anyway, that's half a decade with literally daily use, if anything for YouTube, Netflix or spotify, and when I say daily I mean around the clock, my wife is home a lot specially these last 2 years and that fucking thing was always working.
Even the original controllers still work, although I ended up getting two red controllers cos I'm a fancy fuck. Not a bad deal for 350 bucks every 5 years, which is more or less the price of a decent graphics cars which you also upgrade every 5 years on avg as well anyway, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Mmm, the ps4 came out in 2013, exactly 5 years ago. My launch day PS4 still works great since day one. (I gifted it to my brother, and got myself a PS4-pro to Play RDR2 in superpample mode).
Anyway, that's half a decade with literally daily use, if anything for YouTube, Netflix or spotify, and when I say daily I mean around the clock, my wife is home a lot specially these last 2 years and that fucking thing was always working.
Even the original controllers still work, although I ended up getting two red controllers cos I'm a fancy fuck. Not a bad deal for 350 bucks every 5 years, which is more or less the price of a decent graphics cars which you also upgrade every 5 years on avg as well anyway, right?

Yeah it’s more my fault for waiting until this awkward moment where I have to decide qtheher or not to play some great games on a console that will very quickly be replaced after I get it. Shouldn’t haven’t waited so long in the first place, snooze ya lose.

Definitely learned my lesson though, PS5 on day one. Good to hear yours is still going strong, I guess not every console is an Xbox 360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://amp.businessinsider.com/should-i-wait-for-playstation-5-2019-4

 

This article makes a good point in regards to PS5 price, I bet that thing will cost at least $450 but wouldn't surprised me if it ended up costing $500. And it could very well only come out in late 2020, it's either March or November. We'll see, I just hope sony doesn't pull a "ps3" all over again. 

Anyway, a used ps4 is like 100 bucks on ebay. Couldn't you play re2 on pc? Or it's too demanding for your rig?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, [HP] said:

https://amp.businessinsider.com/should-i-wait-for-playstation-5-2019-4

 

This article makes a good point in regards to PS5 price, I bet that thing will cost at least $450 but wouldn't surprised me if it ended up costing $500. And it could very well only come out in late 2020, it's either March or November. We'll see, I just hope sony doesn't pull a "ps3" all over again. 

Anyway, a used ps4 is like 100 bucks on ebay. Couldn't you play re2 on pc? Or it's too demanding for your rig?

Big difference between March and November >.< 

Literally forgot it was on Steam, good call bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 5:08 AM, FMPONE said:

Yeah it’s more my fault for waiting until this awkward moment where I have to decide qtheher or not to play some great games on a console that will very quickly be replaced after I get it. Shouldn’t haven’t waited so long in the first place, snooze ya lose.

Definitely learned my lesson though, PS5 on day one. Good to hear yours is still going strong, I guess not every console is an Xbox 360

Uh, after first revision X360 where great afaik. Mine still working.

I’m in the same situation, was waiting for prices to go down cos I literally only want to play some exclusives (half of which are the remasters from PS3). Now they seem to pile up more.

Maybe prices in America are better, £100 here is only a starting bid, best I can find used as “buy now” was some £180… which is spend as of now but I’m in this very awkward situation where spending for game stuff seems silly when you wait for a baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, HBM2 is still not feasible for mass production products. HBM2 offers massive bandwidth, but the costs associated with it are a no for consoles. Sounds like that this time around they're putting in more DDR RAM for the OS, leaving more GDDR useable for games. 3D audio seems to be a more capable audio processor, leaving the CPU with more cycles to do other stuff. The price bump from HDD to SSD is quite comparable to putting more RAM, so they are probably trading some RAM for faster loading times with SSD. I really doubt it'll come with more than 16GB GDDR or an SSD larger than 512GB.

More important than computing power is that ppl care about if the fan is noiseless and the system is stable.

Edited by 0kelvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never got into FF. Even back in the day when everyone was raving about FF7 I always found the turn based combat really monotonous and boring af, really.

But the cinematics and art style overall are some of the best shit out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, [HP] said:

I never got into FF. Even back in the day when everyone was raving about FF7 I always found the turn based combat really monotonous and boring af, really.

But the cinematics and art style overall are some of the best shit out there. 

I dunno man this is an opinion I can’t support. 

FF7 was just killer. 

1. Music? Dank af. God tier.

2. Visuals? Insane for their time.

3. Gameplay? I think it was pretty sick tbh. It pushed a good pace and sure there were some grindy parts where you have to level up. I remember playing Final Fantasy X and getting a wee bit pissed because I couldn’t get past this boss without getting owned, so a lot of times what happens is you end up dicking around farming enemies for a while until you level up. I do not remember this being a major hassle in FF7 and I think I’ve played the game a total of 3 times. You might have to spend 2-3 hours in total grinding up level, which admittedly sucks.

4. Story? I actually think that FF7 had a pretty moronic story but it set a great mood and ambiance that took you to some truly unique locales, sunny beaches, dark underground laboratories, skyrise buildings where tons of people got murdered and there is blood and corpses everywhere, gloomy cities and cyberpunk areas, futuristic Las Vegas, it’s an environment artists paradise in terms of variety and colors. 

Look at dis shit it’s beautiful

69B1669E-CC76-4589-9C34-BE72EFA37F82.jpeg.ecf9f9f0afc2d4c8cb6c51dea4caa687.jpeg

DBDAC77E-3DAF-4106-99BC-92FDDE54F9CE.jpeg.d33b11671cc0cea6b83c8e176033f3c7.jpeg

7CC75F4E-1444-42FB-85A8-3C66C7B7BBC0.jpeg.2d712baa9d0625cba8f6b09c56c4ae99.jpeg

8673A663-E0DB-4E52-9A9B-1B7E60C1A691.jpeg.98fba5b3569687013fab9a64d6149c04.jpeg

C5D53FCB-8C7B-4923-81DA-CD8AE5556FF1.png.3811057b722f0390cbc0697c6c675c97.png

E4FA9431-29CD-4792-94DA-716BD26F5BE8.jpeg.e36a89b72a9c87c0bd0884a205bc3de8.jpeg

B2747046-9EB9-4176-86C9-DF160378E28A.jpeg.b8f3c8bdcefa8342fd76a992b2969805.jpeg

9490FB4D-E72D-4246-8953-CCE25E06D83C.jpeg.0ab8bd5c9a340f4bc6b5fa33bb2fa404.jpeg

25240774-8919-4A84-9A2C-21389CE35839.png.17d887dbe33b0dadc1c77a1426678651.png

F87F9BC1-81D7-4014-9F80-5A81CE96FFBB.jpeg

894C377B-CABB-487D-84B5-0A9ADB8357C4.jpeg.7a2f56ec09a9a1f812a5f54e5c6281d5.jpeg

I’ve definitely never played a game that moved through so many unique, different locales with as much confidence and so smoothly. I think that’s why people particularly love FF7, it really does feel like a massive adventure.

Even with the turn based gameplay there are some really fun memories, like if you play one character he basically had a roulette wheel so you could do 9999 damage to a boss or -9999 to yourself. The game has a huge sense of humor side of it. I think calling the turn based gameplay boring also overlooks the fact that this sick soundtrack is going on the background. I dunno, you’re missing out on FF7 if you haven’t very deeply explored what it truly brings to the table. I know, opinions can’t be wrong, but this is many people’s #1 of all time, for a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 8:44 AM, [HP] said:

I never got into FF. Even back in the day when everyone was raving about FF7 I always found the turn based combat really monotonous and boring af, really.

But the cinematics and art style overall are some of the best shit out there. 

Same for me, I remember trying the PC demo and couldn’t understand/like the turn based system. That demo made me put all JRPG in a box that I never wanted to open.

Seeing what it seems a revision and a move to real-time combat, makes me consider the chance of trying it eventually.

I’ve seen people complaining about this already, I wonder if Square has come up with a solution a-la Fallout, allowing for both combat modes to exist, depending on player’s choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me ff7 will always hold a place as 1 of (my) all-time favorite's and only by picking this game up on a whim when being rushed out of a game shop (by family) while initially aiming for tekken 2 maybe 3? but being a 2 for £20 or 30 quid special, i literally jst grab it because of the cover^^ never played n RPG in my life until then.. i remember first playing it and defeating the scorpion then switching it off thinking wtf is this sht^^ after a couple of days actually sitting down and giving it a chance..Damn! spent a long time as a youngster playing this while going through some real bad times, guess it makes it that bit more special..
Although like alot im sure seeing a remake brings back alot of memories for alot of folk around the globe some part of me feels it's one of those things that shouldnt be touched or try to be remade.. but hey it is! and it's looking good and interesting to see it isnt just going to be a total "remake" but adding more modern things.
Lets i hope it goes well cause this game was huge on the PS & to modern standards i cant even imagine!^^..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×