Sign in to follow this  
dongludi

Quest Designer Looking For Feedback

Hi there!

I'm Ludi Dong, a recent graduate with a focus on quest design. I was the lead designer for a shipped title and had built several Fallout 4 Mods in Creation Kit focusing on quest design. This is the link to my portfolio website: www.ludidong.com

Please give me feedback and criticism! Thank you!

Below are two screenshots of my work. The one on the left was the work I did in June 2018, and the one on the right belongs to the work I did in March 2018.

20190220082409_1.jpg

20190223150751_1.jpg

Edited by dongludi

I am not sure how important this feedback is ( I should add that i am not in the industry yet),

First of all, I to think you have a nice style, and its easy to look at when it comes to color. I also like that each project has its own "box" nearly separated. 

However i do have a hard time figuring out where to look, there is a lot of things that want my attention, and my eyes does not know where to focus first. Its a bit information overload i think, and no wonder, a lot of the information is presented several times. Why show the projects on the front page, and at the same time have the option to show them under the "horizontal" bar on the top of the page? It just seems more complicated than it needs to be.

I Would recommend keeping the Project links on the home page (super important, the best part of your portfolio) However removing "individual projects and Team projects from the horizontal bar , and instead move them down to the Home page instead.This will remove a lot of the information overload, and things will become more clearer. (Check my portfolio if you do not understand what i mean)

Also, rename Individual projects to personal projects. IMO.

There is also nothing that make me understand at a quick glance that you actually want to be a quest designer. I do know that it says quest designer at the top, but not really how it relates to your projects. This might also contribute to the "overload" feeling i might have. I just don't know what is relevant. 

I would make it more clear that you did Mission/Quest design at the projects by adding your role to the picture of each project, or as a part of the "greybox" which hold the name of the projects. Simply say (quest designer + level designer etc)

That's it for now.