Sign in to follow this  
DMU222

de_de_dust2 (CS:GO)

Through all my time playing CS:GO, I have always hated Dust 2. I never understood where my hate for it came from, but now, I finally get it. The root of all Evil, is Dust 2's T Spawn. To put it simply, it is the worst location of all time on any map, and completely ruins flow.

How many times have you purposely walked through T Spawn while playing a game on Dust 2. The answer is s1mple, 0 times. For this reason, I have come up with a solution to the Dust 2 problem, just make T Spawn CT Spawn. This too of course leads to some problems, as T's and CT's will instantly kill each other as soon as they spawn.

The solution came to me one day as I was sitting on my couch and listening to my favourite song (EZ4ENCE). It suddenly changed tune, and god spoke to me through it.

"DMU222 you must make 2 dust 2's on top of each other"

So that is what I did.De_De_Dust2.thumb.png.dcde7584c67e24b176f3a9157a452005.png

Now yes, the map does have 4 bomb sites, but special teleport areas (marked in orange) have been added to allow for seamless transportation for T's and CT's.

I'll be playtesting the map this weekend, what do you guys think?

Edited by DMU222

Fair enough @Interfearance, I will be reworking the layout. God recently gave me another great idea, to remove the entire top half of the map as well as the teleporters, and place T spawn in the simple hallway opposite CT Spawn. I feel like this may make the map much better. Here's a prototype overvi ew:Fix.png.e0d76a244a5616144e25732e42806b80.png

I think the idea of inverting map spawns like in driving games, is not too bad and could be interesting… you have to move the bomb sites tho and probably modify (the original) T-spawn ti accommodate for the bombsites.