It is a load of drama, I agree, but it's pretty much been made by Randy.

I'm kinda outward facing for Rebellion. I take part in a lot of their streams, spend time on their discord and engage with fans on twitter. You see a lot of angry people talking shit about your games but you either ignore it or try to explain why it's that way and you've taken the feedback onboard. You don't go all Randy on a news outlet because you yourself misunderstood what a microtransaction was. No way did GI fuck him lol.

I guess Gearbox/T2 don't mind since it's keeping people talking about Borderlands 3 a lot.

22 hours ago, Pampers said:

then why link to 40 videos about the drama lmao

News and record keeping, mostly… Pitchford and Gearbox are an influential entity.

It is also quite hilarious seeing an adult person throwing a tantrum like a child.

What I was thinking when I said sometimes I get irritated by drama, is menial stuff like the mapper raging for ten tweets in a row about some douche trolling him on some forum for retro games. Maybe if you weren’t reacting like that you wouldn’t get such trolls. Or those SJW type of devs that need to express their outrage for an “impolite” Starbucks barista on their indie game page. I follow you for the game you are developing not your political views.

I mean, it's ok to talk about it, I trust Mapcore to keep it civil and respectful, it's the reason I'm here, to discuss the industry and the games at large.
It's just, it's ALL people fucking talk about nowadays, go on nearly any online games publication, forum, fb or twitter thread, someone's getting outraged at what someone else said or did, I think we're above that here and can discourse about things with a certain level of detachment and be rational about things.

Anyway, it's disappointing and It's why I pretty much stopped following any games media coverage, their bias is palpable at this point. I still sporadically check the games Easy Allies review as I know and trust the editorial staff over there, they never did clickbait and their podcast is always on topic, and I also take a peak at my YT recommended page, although even that is usually a mess.

More shit surrounding the Borderlands 3 road to release...

2K games actually sent PIs to a YouTuber's home to question about his published content and sources. IGN covers the events as if the youtuber is a criminal that's got what he deserves.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/08/16/take-two-addresses-investigation-into-borderlands-3-streamer-leaks

Such hypocrisy: when woke urinalists like Shrier cover stories of endless crunch game devs all is good, but if an independent covers on the material of public knowledge (he collated information available) then it's bad.

A publisher behaving like this is outrageous.

I had been following that guy for months prior to Borderlands 3's reveal. It's a bit concerning just how much info he was able to extract from his sources. When I saw the trailer, all the details, the characters, the villains, the locations etc were just as he said. It's not a simple case of sharing a one time leak occurrence either. I'm not entirely sure, but from some of his videos he made it sound like he was in direct contact with some of the people that leaked the information. While he wasn't directly responsible for the said leaks, he did share a lot of info that was not approved by 2K and Gearbox way ahead of their announcement. And there is also the question of would the leaks have continued if he hadn't been talking to whomever to try to scoup more info? It's understandable that the companies would take action against him and the people responsible for the leaks. I'm sorry, but I don't see him as being a victim in this scenario.

1 hour ago, Radu said:

I had been following that guy for months prior to Borderlands 3's reveal. It's a bit concerning just how much info he was able to extract from his sources. When I saw the trailer, all the details, the characters, the villains, the locations etc were just as he said. It's not a simple case of sharing a one time leak occurrence either. I'm not entirely sure, but from some of his videos he made it sound like he was in direct contact with some of the people that leaked the information. While he wasn't directly responsible for the said leaks, he did share a lot of info that was not approved by 2K and Gearbox way ahead of their announcement. And there is also the question of would the leaks have continued if he hadn't been talking to whomever to try to scoup more info? It's understandable that the companies would take action against him and the people responsible for the leaks. I'm sorry, but I don't see him as being a victim in this scenario.

I don’t see how he’s in any way persecutable; in fact If 2K has any legal base they would have slammed him with a lawsuit, which they haven’t. They sent PIs to one’s dwelling and this should be persecutable. 

I dunno why the fuck he didn’t slam the door in their face and called the police.

The point is not that the information was supposed to stay secret, the point is that someone else leaked it. He wasn’t under NDA.

By agreeing with what just happened, you are basically saying that it would be fine for every company to intimidate reporters. Just think of all the shit that has come out over time regarding malpractices.

Also why nobody showed up at Shrier’s door when he penned those articles about the well-being of the devs?

This is the classic two-standards method and corporate being bullies toward the defenceless. 

Edited by blackdog

I kinda get both sides here

I mean I don't know the guy, but no f**king shit you'll get in trouble if you share sensible information publicly and monetize that on YT, no matter where you got it from. Looks like he took a big risk, reached for the cookie jar and got punished. I know that sucks for the guy, but at the same time I understand the frustration of getting your multi-million dollars marketing campaign ruined by miserable influencers reaching for clicks...

On the flip side I think the way they approached it was probably overhanded, somehow finding his address and having agents dropping by his place definitely sounds intense. But let's not forget we're only getting stories that have been digested over and over, and blown out of proportion by zealous journalists/ YTbers/fans, and statements from a guy who's naturally trying to protect himself. It's very likely we're not getting the truth and full story from any sides right now...

Already have it on preorder, now the only thing left is waiting. ❤️ 🤮

And I really fail at that xD If only there was like some sort of simulator on which I could test the 1 billion guns they've promised. xD Would start now, and grind for 18/7 straight until the official release :D no kiddin.

Cheers! 🖖