On 5/1/2019 at 9:29 PM, fewseb said:

Some how I dont see Source2 competing with Unreal, especially considering the rumors that L4D3s development ended in micro-civil war between the devs over continuing to use source2 or just moving to unreal since it was an actual finished engine.

Something's clearly wrong when you don't want to use your own company's engine to make your game...

On 5/1/2019 at 8:54 PM, fewseb said:

Still says I can buy Rocket League off steam, is it actually going exclusive or just being sold on both stores? Their post doesnt really seem to answer that question.

It's pretty clear from the original wording that Epic will remove RL from Steam, just pushing updated to existing customers.

Now they are in sort of damage control limbo, as they've backtracked.

~

I imagine there's concern for e-sports fans of RL of what will happen, although I would expect Epic to let Psyonix continue do what they've done, maybe even just provide extra funding to make the RL tournament more relevant. This is the kind of game that can easily go to the Olympics.

Edited by blackdog

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-05-10-ghost-recon-breakpoint-will-skip-steam-for-epic-games-store

"Early indications are supportive, as PC pre-orders are higher than for the first Division, and pre-orders on the Ubisoft store are six times higher. We believe this deal is a long-term positive for Ubisoft."

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-earns-a-bafta-special-award-for-its-huge-contribution-to-the-industry/

BAFTA, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, will honor Epic Gameswith a Special Award recognizing its growth from its founding in 1991 to "world-renowned industry leader and innovator."

Edited by Radu