Crafter Soniusz

DE_TENEMENT

3 hours ago, DMU222 said:

@Niller^.- Are you planning to take the map down from the workshop?

Or are you okay with other people using your map in such a 'constructive' manner?

I had someone steal my map once and I had it taken down, and I regretted it immediately. 

You have to remember that the whole reason this person does what they do is because they love it. What makes you want to lash out is an instinct that should be kept at bay, it is a form of jealously that is misplaced. 

Learn to be flattered by things like this, it'll make you a better person and artist. 

What was he even hoping to achieve with ripping this map? No offense to the original author, but it was pretty outdated by 2013 standards visually, let alone 2019. I also somehow doubt he made any of the other maps in his workshop other then possible the edits of stock maps, that 38 hours on record doesnt speak well to supposed having 4 fully "detailed" defuse maps done and released.

This isnt a de_toscan situation or one of those where somebody reuploads a community map to use in their server or to make a custom variant of, its not even one where its just a rip with no screenshots or description, just a thumbnail. This person is trying to pass off all these maps as their own when they clearly didn't make any of them.

This is straight up theft, they've stolen a map and claimed it as their own, no mention of the original author, not even any changes between the two they did nothing to make this map their own other then change the name.

Edited by fewseb

1 hour ago, zastels said:

It's not theft, it's public domain. You do not own shit.

Niller made the map, he owns it, I dont know if uploaded it to workshop or not, but if he did, its even more obvious theft. Unless you want to get down to fuckery fine print, in which case valve owns all versions of the map anyway since they made the program it was made on.

Again, this person hasnt changed anything between the two versions other then the title, they ripped this off gamebanana and uploaded it to their workshop, they claimed in every space available that they made it, that they were the original makers, thats both fraud and theft. If they went a step farther they would have claimed to be Niller himself.

22 hours ago, zastels said:

I had someone steal my map once and I had it taken down, and I regretted it immediately. 

You have to remember that the whole reason this person does what they do is because they love it. What makes you want to lash out is an instinct that should be kept at bay, it is a form of jealously that is misplaced. 

Learn to be flattered by things like this, it'll make you a better person and artist. 

Read this again with your head out of your ass and think about how much it doesnt even apply to this situation. But then again...

Shit like this that reads like a reddit post seems to indicate your just being some dumb fuck contrarian that straddles the line between trolling and serious so you dont have to face the social consequences of being either one. 

Are you being serious? I dont know, its way to over the top to really be serious, but at the same time if youre trolling, its a massive failed attempt since nothings particularly funny about it either and it just comes off more cringy then anything else.

23 hours ago, zastels said:

Learn when its okay to troll and when to be serious so when you write utterly abhorrent, incoherent nonsense, people will be able to tell if your actually trying to be serious or just throwing a joke their way, itll make you a better person is all facets of life.

You're the stupid troll who doesn't understand what theft is. It's not theft because the map is still in the hands of the original creator. 

If you have a banana, and I take your banana and you no longer have a banana, that is theft.

If I copy your banana, you still have a banana, that is not theft. 

I am not a contrarian, repurposing public domain material is completely legal. 

The OP doesn't even claim to be the original creator, he calls it his new project which he hopes to improve. 

You're a pipsqueak and you talk like a Liberal, so many people on Mapcore are always calling people trolls because they're unable to understand a concept or disagree with it. You know you're pathetic when you call something theft that isn't theft, and suck the fucking joy out of sharing art and helping beginners improve their craft. 

You're probably a President Trump hater. You probably think President Trump is "trolling." Lol one of the greatest Presidents ever, but he is a troll, right? 

Edited by zastels