Jump to content
Crafter Soniusz

DE_TENEMENT

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Thewhaleman said:

After bubkez had to change it a bunch because CPL strike...right? He might be mistaking redistribution rights with ownership? I think he is out of his depth clawing on any logic to justify a point he doesn't even understand at this point. Mods should just lock this thread. No good is being done.

Censorship is for retards, even Gabe Newell stated censorship is stupid. Why would you advocate a thread is locked, maybe it has something to do with your argument being weak?

At the end of the day, a map literally almost every last person on Earth has forgotten about and was never going to be worked on again, it was appreciated by someone, and it was given a new breath of life. Maybe the guy misstepped a little, but some of you are so dumb that you are virtually incapable of realizing that there is an overwhelming amount of love and goodness in the original post, y'all are transfixed on IP laws that you do not understand. 

This reminds me of the old days of Counter-Map, there was a moderator there named Tommy14, I despised this person. He used to ban and remove posts from anyone who uploaded a map in CS 1.6 that contained textures from Condition-Zero. Tommy14 was an incredible idiot who played a major role in the demise of Counter-Map. He had virtually no understanding of IP law, he acted with nothing more than virtue signalling like many of you here. Somehow in his mind, a person taking textures from one Valve project, putting it into another Valve project, and sharing it was a violation of intergalactic IP law. 

Now to this day, it is common practice to do this with all Valve titles. Valve does not give a shit if you take Portal 2 textures and add them to Day of Defeat Source. Valve does not give a shit if you reupload Dust2, add a hallway, and neglect to mention David J. This is why I feel so many people in this thread are stupid, you people are dumb. You people are killing artistic expression with your stupid fucking rabel. You do a total disservice to the world of map making in general when you make a pariah out of someone just starting off, you act like a cancer. 

This thread should not be locked, this is what actual real discussion looks like. There is no "topic" in conversations, topics naturally delineate as they become more interesting. Locking a thread runs as a direct contravention to the basic principles instilled by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms section 2, and well as the first amendment. If you can't handle freedom of speech, then leave Mapcore! This is a place for artists, not marxists looking to control the speech and expression of others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zastels said:

Censorship is for retards, even Gabe Newell stated censorship is stupid. Why would you advocate a thread is locked, maybe it has something to do with your argument being weak?

At the end of the day, a map literally almost every last person on Earth has forgotten about and was never going to be worked on again, it was appreciated by someone, and it was given a new breath of life. Maybe the guy misstepped a little, but some of you are so dumb that you are virtually incapable of realizing that there is an overwhelming amount of love and goodness in the original post, y'all are transfixed on IP laws that you do not understand. 

This reminds me of the old days of Counter-Map, there was a moderator there named Tommy14, I despised this person. He used to ban and remove posts from anyone who uploaded a map in CS 1.6 that contained textures from Condition-Zero. Tommy14 was an incredible idiot who played a major role in the demise of Counter-Map. He had virtually no understanding of IP law, he acted with nothing more than virtue signalling like many of you here. Somehow in his mind, a person taking textures from one Valve project, putting it into another Valve project, and sharing it was a violation of intergalactic IP law. 

Now to this day, it is common practice to do this with all Valve titles. Valve does not give a shit if you take Portal 2 textures and add them to Day of Defeat Source. Valve does not give a shit if you reupload Dust2, add a hallway, and neglect to mention David J. This is why I feel so many people in this thread are stupid, you people are dumb. You people are killing artistic expression with your stupid fucking rabel. You do a total disservice to the world of map making in general when you make a pariah out of someone just starting off, you act like a cancer. 

This thread should not be locked, this is what actual real discussion looks like. There is no "topic" in conversations, topics naturally delineate as they become more interesting. Locking a thread runs as a direct contravention to the basic principles instilled by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms section 2, and well as the first amendment. If you can't handle freedom of speech, then leave Mapcore! This is a place for artists, not marxists looking to control the speech and expression of others. 

I really like how you skipped my argument. 

Also seek some help because with that attitude you will end up like this guy from DOI contest who had a breakdown because of deadline extension.

Edited by Lizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lizard said:

I really like how you skipped my argument. 

Also seek some help because with that attitude you will end up like this guy from DOI contest who had a breakdown because of deadline extension.

A deadline extension for a contest is reprehensible. You cannot understand this because you had everything to gain from the extension lol. You have no integrity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zastels said:

A deadline extension for a contest is reprehensible. You cannot understand this because you had everything to gain from the extension lol. You have no integrity. 

Brest was ready few days before the initial deadline. We didnt whine about it and we took the opportunity to improve. Not like others...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@zastels Don't you think there is a wide range of cases between "slightly taking inspiration from an art piece" to basically rip off the whole thing ?

I believe what you're saying is true, and that's a good thing that some people can benefit quite a lot from not starting from scratch or find ideas in other maps.

But from what I've understand, the creator of this thread has already just reuploaded 3 maps with no change at all, with no input of art or design from him. This is the main issue here i believe.

Edited by leplubodeslapin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Brest was ready few days before the initial deadline. We didnt whine about it and we took the opportunity to improve. Not like others...

Translation:

Contest rules do not matter. 

4 minutes ago, leplubodeslapin said:

@zastels Don't you think there is a wide range of cases between "slightly taking inspiration from an art piece" to basically rip off the whole thing ?

I believe what you're saying is true, and that's a good thing that some people can benefit quite a lot from not starting from scratch or find ideas in other maps.

But from what I've understand, the creator of this thread has already just reuploaded 3 maps with no change at all, with no input of art or design from him. This is the main issue here i believe.

You make a fair and logical point, you are correct. But part of starting off as being a map maker is not just learning how to map, but understand how to behave and what is and is not appropriate. 

The problem here in mapcore is that there is a total obsession over his missteps, which completely negated the OP from receiving useful information. The guy is character assassinated for committing virtually no measurable amount of harm. It's one thing to throw a .vmf on Ebay that does not belong to you, but to reshare what has already be shared, who cares?! Like I said, do you think Valve cares if you reupload Dust2 and not give David J credit? Lol I don't think so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@zastels Mate that contest happened 2 years ago, I really hope you're shitposting because it's depressing reading this, move on with your life. The person who made this thread is likely just some kid trying to scam people on Steam by pretending to be a mapper to get some cred or is just immature and likes undeserved praise. Either way, nobody is virtue signaling here, it's just common sense to respect creative work and the credit that comes along with it, no matter what sort of bullshit mental gymnastics you pull to maneuver around that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zastels said:

Translation:

Contest rules do not matter. 

You make a fair and logical point, you are correct. But part of starting off as being a map maker is not just learning how to map, but understand how to behave and what is and is not appropriate. 

The problem here in mapcore is that there is a total obsession over his missteps, which completely negated the OP from receiving useful information. The guy is character assassinated for committing virtually no measurable amount of harm. It's one thing to throw a .vmf on Ebay that does not belong to you, but to reshare what has already be shared, who cares?! Like I said, do you think Valve cares if you reupload Dust2 and not give David J credit? Lol I don't think so. 

Can you answer why Valve bought mirage ? Or you gonna skip it because you know you said something stupid? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bevsterad said:

@zastels Mate that contest happened 2 years ago, I really hope you're shitposting because it's depressing reading this, move on with your life. The person who made this thread is likely just some kid trying to scam people on Steam by pretending to be a mapper to get some cred or is just immature and likes undeserved praise. Either way, nobody is virtue signaling here, it's just common sense to respect creative work and the credit that comes along with it, no matter what sort of bullshit mental gymnastics you pull to maneuver around that.

Shut the fuck up, I did not bring up the mapping contest. Someone else brought to topic up, so I'd like to reiterate that you should shut the fuck up. 

1 minute ago, Lizard said:

Can you answer why Valve bought mirage ? Or you gonna skip it because you know you said something stupid? 

I don't fucking know the answer! Jesus Christ you are fucking stupid! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zastels said:

Shut the fuck up, I did not bring up the mapping contest. Someone else brought to topic up, so I'd like to reiterate that you should shut the fuck up. 

I don't fucking know the answer! Jesus Christ you are fucking stupid! 

I thought you already knew the answer... "You do not own the map, Valve does. You own the IP. "

LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, zastels said:

This is why I feel so many people in this thread are stupid, you people are dumb. You people are killing artistic expression with your stupid fucking rabel. You do a total disservice to the world of map making in general when you make a pariah out of someone just starting off, you act like a cancer. 

This thread should not be locked, this is what actual real discussion looks like. There is no "topic" in conversations, topics naturally delineate as they become more interesting. Locking a thread runs as a direct contravention to the basic principles instilled by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms section 2, and well as the first amendment. If you can't handle freedom of speech, then leave Mapcore! This is a place for artists, not marxists looking to control the speech and expression of others. 

This is not the US. This is MapCore. Locking this thread before it violates MapCore's rules any further:

Quote
  1. No personal attacks, discrimination, flaminghate speech, or offensive slurs.
  2. No abuse towards the community or its members.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×