Jump to content
[HP]

Anthem and the peculiarities of modern monetization.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Radu said:

 

If I watch this will my youtube feed become infested with yongyeah and "game critics" raging about the latest microtransaction bullshit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Minos said:

If I watch this will my youtube feed become infested with yongyeah and "game critics" raging about the latest microtransaction bullshit?

Yongyes, but thankfully there's a chrome extension that can solve this

Edited by MikeGon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or I guess you can click a few “not interested” when they appear.

or even easier, logout before playing the video…

I get completely different suggestions between my two accounts and even more general content if logged out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Or I guess you can click a few “not interested” when they appear.

or even easier, logout before playing the video…

I get completely different suggestions between my two accounts and even more general content if logged out. 

The thing with their own "not interested" functions is that you don't know how they interpret that under the hood... maybe they apply that to the category as a whole and often you may want to do a more surgical thing.

Seriously that extension is really good, you just type in specific strings or names of channels that make trash and BOOM gone. What's funny is that garbage youtube video usually have the same title structure for clickbait, so it's super easy to clean them up. Like if you type in "Fiverr" you remove all the "I paid 5 [job title]s on Fiverr to [task]" glorified ads

As another example, if you put in "Minecraft" and "Fortnite" you remove like 75% of the internet

Now I wish they add one for audio... like as soon as it picks up the word "subscribe" "bell" or "Patreon", skip ahead 30sec.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Minos said:

If I watch this will my youtube feed become infested with yongyeah and "game critics" raging about the latest microtransaction bullshit?

Yes, your entire life will be compromised! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MikeGon said:

Now I wish they add one for audio... like as soon as it picks up the word "subscribe" "bell" or "Patreon", skip ahead 30sec.

Let me introduce you to the Wadsworth constant

 

Quote

To apply the Wadsworth Constant to any Youtube video, put &wadsworth=1 at the end of the URL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in the case of those channels, often the interesting part is the news itself, in the first few min of the video, the rest is padding/blabber/ranting.

13 hours ago, MikeGon said:

The thing with their own "not interested" functions is that you don't know how they interpret that under the hood...

Seriously that extension is really good, you just type in specific strings or names of channels that make trash and BOOM gone.

Dunno, I don’t remember seeing more of what i wanted to purge when I’ve used the built in function.

 I’m intrigued on how the extension works, if it removes HTML then YouTube can’t suggest other stuff that might be interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pampers said:

To apply the Wadsworth Constant to any Youtube video, put &wadsworth=1 at the end of the URL.

Haha yeah I heard of it that would be a neat time-saver but the URL parameter thing doesn't seem to work anymore... That's probably intentional by YT to make sure we're correctly being advertised at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MikeGon said:

Haha yeah I heard of it that would be a neat time-saver but the URL parameter thing doesn't seem to work anymore... That's probably intentional by YT to make sure we're correctly being advertised at

The time offset is a feature they can’t remove, there’s an extension that skips 30% on chrome extension marketplace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...