Community Death Match map project (HL2)

Sounds like quick, good fun. Might be something for artistic interested designers who enjoy creating scenes. It isn't a complete level, not a complete MOD, there is not much time/work to lose really and if the other mosaics look shitty, I agree there is no reason why yours shouldn't shine anymore :???:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a nice idea, particularly because new mappers can get involved and learn a great deal from experienced ones. I don't really think the final product will be particularly great in terms of aesthetics and playability, but it's great to see something that is open to all.

Thanks for the support everyone. :D

I think that its not a good idea to make maps with hell big group! I have tried, and it wasnt even fun to map like that.. And when you add 10 rooms witch are made by different mappers, it cant be good..

I've set this up so none of the mappers have to do anything but make their room. The gateways are already set up, and the area space is set. This is in no way like a MOD, while there are alot of people working on the project all I requre any one to do is send me an e-mail with name, DOB, location, and area # then send me the finished area.

also, yea, im really worried about my reputation.

If anyone's "reputation" is important you can give me a fake name and ask that I dont add your info to the mosaic bio... I, for one, am proud to be working on a project that doesn't turn down people because they are new and want to learn or be a part of a community effort.

count me in.

i'm in

I need you to sign up on this page, just pick your area from the list, e-mail me, download your .vmf and read the rules. (I wish I could just sign you up from your post but it would just be too hard to keep track of everyone)

This is a great idea and I would love to help. I see this project less of a "make a good map and release to the public" But instead a way for people, new to level designing, to view others works and practice the new styles only to become better. And when people like CJ.."unkie" are on the team the "newbs" can look at his work and gain a great amount of experience from looking at his work first hand. So I would be glad to help out.... a little though.

I know I have to mail in order to apply, but my connection went down just before I could send the mail. You should have received it by now though.

As for the reputation issue, mapping for me is a hobby, not a profession. This way I can make sure I finish some more maps instead of having a ton of half-finished stuff on my HD.

Also, I believe I haven't introduced myself here on Mapcore yet.

Well, I'm Captain P, a 19 years-old student software engineering living in The Netherlands. My interests are mainly drawing and mapping. Besides that I do some low-poly modelling, texture art and coding as well.

I'm currently modeller for Starlabs, a Half-Life modification.

So, good to see you guys... :)

Hey CP =) I think i know u alredy...

I remember i told u one time long ago on the VERC that ur mapping error was caused by too many flickering lights, and then a few weeks later u discovered it was caused by too many fading lights and we had a big fight about it :D Becuz technically, fading isnt flickering

Not sure if that was u tho

I don't remember your name from the VERC. I've seen you on counterstrike.nl though.

As for that lighting problem, I don't remember having had a fight about that. Oh well, I've made quite some posts on the VERC forums, so I could've forgetten a few...

// Mhh, signature's aren't added to posts dynamically? I only got my sig on the latest post I made. Oh well.

zacker, youre not a featured artist, in fact your maps are fugly. so take out your avatar.

also, yea, im really worried about my reputation.

Do you want a cookie for noticing the non-existiant "spotlight member" text above my avatar or did you just want to show that you are too retarded to stick to a topic? Discussions about my titles and my maps does not belong in this thread.

I don't remember your name from the VERC. I've seen you on counterstrike.nl though.

As for that lighting problem, I don't remember having had a fight about that. Oh well, I've made quite some posts on the VERC forums, so I could've forgetten a few...

// Mhh, signature's aren't added to posts dynamically? I only got my sig on the latest post I made. Oh well.

My names Realdespair on VERC

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.