Sign in to follow this  
DMU222

Apex Legends

I got to level 83 and BP level 55 until I fell off hard. I got good enjoyment out of it but that’s the end of the road for me, and that’s fine! Game’s pretty good but everyone I’ve spoken to felt it’s not doing a great job keeping players engaged. I’ll keep an eye on it for curiosity’s sake to see if they can get people to return for season 2.

"In the meantime, Respawn's in something of a difficult position. Having committed to not over-working its devs by sticking to seasonal updates (an admirable move), it also risks losing players, and the lack of fresh cosmetics and engaging content is starting to hurt the game's revenues. Fortnite, meanwhile, is continually pushing out new updates and cosmetics - giving Epic huge player numbers and outrageous profits at the human cost of encouraging crunch at the studio. It's a lose-lose situation."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-24-apex-legends-revenue-down-74-per-cent-since-launch

I mean, not that EA is lacking money... they could invest in outsourcing content. Cosmetics don't need to be developed in-house, and they could contract 3 (Chinese 😇) studios to provide a constant stream of content, according to a set timeline of updates managed by Respawn...

On 5/24/2019 at 2:54 PM, blackdog said:

I mean, not that EA is lacking money... they could invest in outsourcing content. Cosmetics don't need to be developed in-house, and they could contract 3 (Chinese 😇) studios to provide a constant stream of content, according to a set timeline of updates managed by Respawn...

They could also release a level design SDK/Tool, just like Bethesda could for Quake Champions and DOOM!

I would love nothing more than Mapcore to have level designers/editors putting their own stamp on these games - and that is just for starters...how does Titanfall 1/2 grab you? Or Hitman 1/2? Or Rage2?

This forum is full of talent in every respect...collaboration here would be great for these titles, if only they released tools to the people playing the games they make!

OT: The game is dropping off the radar very quickly for sure, even Fatal1ty has pretty much stopped streaming sessions from his Las Vegas penthouse.

4 hours ago, Pampers said:

oh no! not Fatal1ty?!

Oh, he's harmless enough for Twitch, and to be fair he does encourage fair play and dedication - never heard him curse/swear/yell, unlike 90% of Twitch with 'warnings' you have to click through...but that's another topic.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, Radu said:

"In the meantime, Respawn's in something of a difficult position. Having committed to not over-working its devs by sticking to seasonal updates (an admirable move), it also risks losing players, and the lack of fresh cosmetics and engaging content is starting to hurt the game's revenues. Fortnite, meanwhile, is continually pushing out new updates and cosmetics - giving Epic huge player numbers and outrageous profits at the human cost of encouraging crunch at the studio. It's a lose-lose situation."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-24-apex-legends-revenue-down-74-per-cent-since-launch

I mean not that i played a lot of APEX but one of the things i did say to my friends was that this game is going to fall of rather quickly, and i had no doubt about that. Its simply a far to shallow game, its too easy to master what's in it. Not enough strategy and not enough challenge in mastering the characters.

The dip is not due to lack of content all though new characters would help, it was just never designed to be a gamed played for a long time by the masses. 

Wow, what a debacle the latest event: some of the team members jumping on Reddit, saying they don't like trolls and then insulting their playerbase... wonder if this is the result of stress/crunch, the game not doing well (we know playerbase went down almost as fast as it went up), or just thinking of being above the people you make the game for.

Edited by blackdog