Apex Legends

dmu

8 hours ago, blackdog said:

Ive done the training and still feel like I dunno how to play the game, there’s no explanation and experimentation about the attachments for example; it’s not very clear which ammo I should pick up (except for shotgun) as the guns look pretty much alike.

Weapons and ammo are color coded. If you have a teal weapon icon in your inventory, you need teal ammo, etc.

16 hours ago, Vilham said:

Unnecessary in your completely subjective opinion, that probably isn't agreed by a sizable chunk of the 25 million player base it has.

What sub menus are you talking about?

With the greatest of respect, that is not a very good counter. I could say 'well, it isn't agreed upon by the 7 billion people who are not playing it' And, it would have the same impact?

I guess in summary when I'm driving at is that every time I have to interact in any way other than shooting/chasing/hunting/healing in a game with guns, is not fun and detracts from the game.

Best analogy I can think of post-morning-coffee? Try having sexy times with your nearest and dearest, and then every 30 seconds, stop, and play with a Rubiks cube for 3-5 seconds, touching nothing but the 'cube.

I play FPS for sexy times, not to look at sub menus and drag and drop stuff and rethink an entire inventory management system - plus, sometimes I am standing there watching someone else motionless, playing with their 'cube.

As mentioned, if this was a roaming RPG, I need management systems and inventories as part of my questing. When playing an FPS...

I think PUBG has got a lot to answer for, as (for a while) game development for BR games just used their system for weapon/inventory management - with all the talent here at Mapcore, a Skype session could be had and work out a way better management system in less than a day.

That's what I believe and it is not my opinion, it's how I feel. Big difference. Probably the most important difference.

13 hours ago, FrieChamp said:

Calling it "pathetic" and all that. Obviously there are a lot of people enjoying the game. This arrogant attitude makes you look like a bit of a dick TBH.

I didn't call anyone playing it pathetic. And I wouldn't.

I didn't call the game pathetic. And I wouldn't.

It's my computer. If I want to clear out my internet caché, that is my business. I don't expect the result of that to be respawn/EA claiming I am cheating, forcing me to reboot Origin, then reboot the game, then have to rechange my GFX settings (because the game doesn't remember them), etc etc etc.

I have contemptuous pity for them. Not the game. Not the players. Them. Perhaps that is a better way of phrasing it?

2 hours ago, Mitch Mitchell said:

I didn't call anyone playing it pathetic. And I wouldn't.

I didn't call the game pathetic. And I wouldn't.

It's my computer. If I want to clear out my internet caché, that is my business. I don't expect the result of that to be respawn/EA claiming I am cheating, forcing me to reboot Origin, then reboot the game, then have to rechange my GFX settings (because the game doesn't remember them), etc etc etc.

I have contemptuous pity for them. Not the game. Not the players. Them. Perhaps that is a better way of phrasing it?

I have no idea what you are talking about with the game not remembering your GFX settings, because that's been working just fine for me. Oh and f the developers for not ensuring that you can delete your internet cache while the game is running. ? How dare they release a polished (comparing to what other battle royale titles are like when they come out the gate) and free for you to try game without thinking of that! 

On 2/9/2019 at 6:04 PM, blackdog said:

Apparently the game it’s too successful or they effed up something, and it’s down on ALL platforms.

Say what you want but I find ridiculous that you can’t even get in the main menu because servers are down or something, you can’t even do the training and play with settings?

Now that I’m finally in the main menu, I can’t even fix the settings, that for some reason have all changed.

game keeps saying matchmaking… starting… matchmaking…

You are overestimating ea. They ported titanfall 2 guns into a new game mode and released it as a standalone game that already has microtransactions. How fast can they milk it dry ??

10 hours ago, Radu said:

itll-happen-to-you.png.26b15be0f243afcb654fd2ed22d6b506.png

If it’s referred to me is kinda annoying after making I think many valid arguments. Maybe the post is just too long… I haven’t asked/suggested they should change the BR formula to make a different game.

9 hours ago, grapen said:

Weapons and ammo are color coded. If you have a teal weapon icon in your inventory, you need teal ammo, etc.

Yeah I got that… after reading Gamespot’s guide. In all seriousness I was just listing a few things, my concern is broader and I’m referring to the fact that is not immediately clear the effectiveness of a gun/its tier.

Not that I didn’t notice the colours down there… but everybody knows you can’t convey information just on colour. Plus in the training is not explained.

You have to make split second decisions on what guns to pick, you should know before picking up something what’s gonna be like, imo. Deffo you should know it once you are handling the gun, but for eg you have assault rifles with a blue ammo counter, which work with light ammo, if you want to colour code shouldn’t every aspect of the gun scream at you what’s their tier? I’m a simple man and in a game like this I go on the assumption that a bigger gun is more powerful. If I think of CSGO there’s basically no situation where you wouldn’t pick an AR over the SMG you holding on, if the deciding factor is the damage dealt alone. But here there’s the P90 lookalike that is heavy ammo so I’d hold on to it vs a scout which just gives away my position.

~

Anyway got my first win last night, had a good team. I tried the medic for the first time too and managed to save the ‘mates twice. Felt impactful for the first time.

Edited by blackdog

I got a win on my first game. Hitscan is kind of a joke in br. Also some of the abilities are really aggrevating to play against. I like that there are unique locations, no fall damage and rough pathing instead of pubg style open-ness. Also the lense effects are really annoying. I'm so tired of br it's so easy since the majority of players will be bad cuz there are no ranks and the game is demanding. 

Played 3 matches earlier today.

I love the movement, which is not surprising since it's running on Titanfall 2 engine. Shooting feels snappy and smooth.
Learning curve is a bit steep, there's a lot of clutter in the HUD and I don't know what ammo goes in what weapon, or what scope goes where half of the time. I guess it's the sort of thing you learn as you play.

Very solid and polished shooter, I can see why it's doing so well.

Not of a fan of the grainy and razor sharp look of the game, there's a lot of aliasing everywhere and the enemies sometimes blend a little too much with the environment. (Which is a critique I remebnber having for both Titanfall games too)

17 hours ago, blackdog said:

Yeah I got that… after reading Gamespot’s guide. In all seriousness I was just listing a few things, my concern is broader and I’m referring to the fact that is not immediately clear the effectiveness of a gun/its tier.

Guns are not tiered, they’re preference (and situational). Play with them and find some that you like. I mostly roll with the wingman pistol, longbow rifle and peacekeepe shotty. Attachments are tiered however and corresponds to the same color coding as skins. White < Blue < Purple < Yellow. When you tag a blue armor for instance, the voice line goes ”armor here, level 2”. I don’t think it’s complicated, it’s basically Quake 3 pickups on steroids with all the attachments, that you learn the depth of over a few hours of gameplay.

Edited by grapen