Sign in to follow this  
Vanx

de_celtic

In the year 2001 I published the map de_celtic for Counter-Strike 1.6, which became quit popular. Now I found the time to create a remake for CS:GO. The layout is carefully expanded with two new connections.
In 2001 I used the editor Quark, so now I've started at zero with Hammer, making this one. I was a more-than-one-year-journey and without the TopHATTwaffle-tutorials this map wont exists.

Hope, you have fun. Tell me, what you think, every comment is welcome. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1601196112

Alley.jpg

BombA.jpg

BombB.jpg

Castle.jpg

de_celtic_radar_new_final.jpg

underpass.jpg

Jipp, it is very clean compared to the standard of user-maps today, there has to be some fine-tuning. Only Yanzl seawater and the battleship are the skybox, will add some islands maybe. @FMPONE  My girlfriend was not amused, but that is another story.

Edited by Vanx
correction

23 hours ago, Vanx said:

In the year 2001 I published the map de_celtic for Counter-Strike 1.6

That would be Counter-Strike 1.1 :dance:

welcome back; nice to see the progress made since you first posted the wip on mapcore.

Hope you get hooked back on mapping and level design after all these hiatus years; good luck :)

Some of the modern additions to the castle, like window in last shot, seem a bit off, from what i've seen, when they alter an historic landmark, they make the addition stick out a lot. I would consider either keep the opening but making it look like work in progress, or like make the whole corner of concrete, as if they had to fix it due to structural damage. Our wind back to how it would have looked originally when the castle was built.