[CS:GO] Golden

KingOfCorn

A new update is out!

Here are some of the changes:

-Reworked B-site
-New A-plattform
-Tweaked connector between mid, B-site and church.
-Some cosmetic changes made
-Minor fixes and tweaks

The most notable changes made are to the B-site. The angles are now cleaner and the site is more robust than before with a clear theme.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

NEW OVERVIEW

de_golden_radar_online3.jpg

OLD OVERVIEW

de_golden_radar_online2.jpg

New B-site

golden_b_1.jpg

New A-plattform

golden_a_2.jpg

Changes to middle

golden_mid_4.jpg

Edited by KingOfCorn
Added picture tags.

The new radar is much better than the old one, thanks for that! The clipping is also a lot better.

Performance is good all around for me, with the only significant fps drop being on B site looking towards mid.
I like the change of the building on B so it can no longer be looked over by CTs. 
I am looking forward to testing the map and seeing how it plays in the coming weeks!

Glad you like the changes!

I agree with the performance part, I did put alot of effort into the optimization and it works out well in pretty much the whole map except for the spot you mention. The layout around middle doesn't make it easy to optimize, trying some different things to improve it even more. 

• 4 weeks later...

The new update is getting closer! 

It's great that so many seems to enjoy the map on the hub and I once again want to thank everyone for the feedback on the map which has helped me alot. 

It's been an amazing experience for me and a bit unexpected since It's my first project in mapping.

The update will be out in the end of this week if everything goes as planned. I will make the change notes more specific when the update is online.

The update will mainly include:

▪A new refined B-site with the intention of making it less chaotic and more intuitive.

▪Better performance which has taken the majority of the working hours.

▪Improved visibility and lighting.

▪Added and adjusted cover in some spots for cleaner utility usage and more strategical options.

▪Minor changes to detailing.

I would also like to reach out to someone who would be willing to model the church tower since It's costly for the engine to render. If there is anything I can do in return just let me know.

• 5 months later...

Just uploaded the first version of Golden since July. Been doing a complete overhaul of the map visually and also added some gameplay elements.

Several new custom textures and some new models aswell.

Here's a summary of the changes made:

-Major visual rework
-New 3d skybox
-Added a drop in second mid
-Added cover for safeplant on B
-Raised the tree for cleaner gameplay and visibility around the courtyard.
-Improvements to optimization
-Boosted the lighting in the metro area
-Several minor changes throughout
-Bugfixes

Have a look and please let me know what you think!

drop2.jpg

mid2.jpg

mid3.jpg

porch2.jpg

de_golden_radar_online.jpg

Edited by KingOfCorn
Added radar image

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, there are two spots who dip a bit in fps but still remain in the "ok" span. Mainly this has to do with how I structured the map from the beginning (noob mistake) with such an open middle where plenty of stuff is drawn when standing in some parts of B staring at middle for example. Pretty much all of the textures are hr which also tanks a bit. The biggest gain I could probably get would be to start combining props but that would be a new area for me and would require a bunch of work. That's always the problem with having mostly stock props. Thanks again for your contribution ?