Sign in to follow this  
Noisy_Owl

CloneOBL

Hello party,

Someone told me of this website so i could post my project here.
This project still has no real working title so please dont mind the "uggo" title card.

I still dont know where this project will go - Thinking of creating a large dungeon quest.
This might also blow up out of scale... I have no idea where i want this togo.

I currently set myself the task to recreate a bit of the "Oblivion-Charme" i know from the game.This project could turn into a small game with even more "Oblivion-Esque" inputs.

I so far created alot of meshes and UI to create a foundation for this.My mission is to recreate the feeling that Oblivion had but also enhancing that to a more modern era.Lots of ideas from the community and other newer Bethesda games will mix into this.
I already included an interpretation of fastloot and i will expand that with an option to fully interact with containers.

I have a gofundme campaign going currently so that i can continue developing.
https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-continuing-creating-artgames

assetdump_1.jpg.be6f038890d00b95b2b12d6cc0d9aee5.jpgHighresScreenshot00044.jpg.a374d6ed4ad630cc137254cedf309c15.jpgHighresScreenshot00021.jpg.059e49809b0998e8b477571c6eb8cc12.jpgHighresScreenshot00024.jpg.a092681665b4dc8459fa07873d83127c.jpgHighresScreenshot00026.jpg.2a9fe3cb3cb9c5a0d7ea2f09fe1a685e.jpg

Edited by Noisy_Owl

Hello again,

I would like to introduce you to an update for this game.

Today i got:

- Updated Light effects
- implementation: Arms/Hands
- Implementation: Weapons
- Implementation: Misc/Light items
- Implementation: NPCs

As many bugfixes and new minor imporvements.
Also in this Video i show a more look into how i build caves. 

I am currently working on a list with upcoming features, also a roadmap.

The next things i want to get in are fighting mechanics and save/load systems.
Also i want to get the switching between levels working.

Please stay tuned and also take a look at my gofundme in the first post!

Regards Owl!

HighresScreenshot00053.jpg

HighresScreenshot00054.jpg

HighresScreenshot00055.jpg

HighresScreenshot00057.jpg

HighresScreenshot00058.jpg

Hey, welcome to Mapcore! 

I like the progress you're making, but like you said - figure out what is it that you want to achieve with the project. Are you looking to work in the industry or is this a hobby?

Hello!
Oh i want to work in the industry yes and i have alot of experience from that area already!
In my City tho there is not alot to go for... and i have to stay here for reasons.
There might come up a chance next year to be active in Teaching Game development.

My dream for this project would be to become its own game, starting with a small thing like a single quest.
But first i would like to go for a stable system, framework.
This system will be the base for a bigger game, tho that is some time away.

I do not wish to delve deeper into the game ideas at this point, i am hoping that this picks up enough steam so that i get lots of feedback.
I want people to tell me what they actually hated/loved about Oblivion and or Skyrim.
I want people to sorta go back and say, yee good old times.

I want to create a framework out of systems people enjoy - that would be a perfect base for a game.

This is very awesome, best of luck in finding the fun gameplay loop!

Maybe you would benefit in adopting a self-generating dungeon, I’m pretty sure there are plugins for that(?), then refine by hand/create the hero locations.

I can’t imagine you not managing getting an env-artist role when you start applying. The problem might lie in your ability to relocate, but many smaller indie are looking for remote workers, so you should definitely look into that. Have a look in our jobs subforum https://www.mapcore.org/forum/12-job-postings/ being in touch with someone working at the company would be definitely an advantage to perfect your application