Sign in to follow this  
Seldoon182

Prodeus (Doom-like)

4 hours ago, Radu said:

@Pericolos0 Gibhard, where art thou? 

I’ve asked these underhanded questions both here and on Twitter and no reply ☹️

~

im not too worried but lots of people complain about pixelation. I wonder if YouTube compression ruined the trailer launch or really needs to be turned down a bit (although from what I understand is not a filter but there’s a whole pipeline for creating the assets so that would mean redo pretty much everything).

i think my most grief with the hud is the big ass crosshairs for the shotgun, makes me hope the crosshair will be customisable and that I can just stick to a simple circle for everything.

14 hours ago, blackdog said:

I’ve asked these underhanded questions both here and on Twitter and no reply ☹️

~

im not too worried but lots of people complain about pixelation. I wonder if YouTube compression ruined the trailer launch or really needs to be turned down a bit (although from what I understand is not a filter but there’s a whole pipeline for creating the assets so that would mean redo pretty much everything).

i think my most grief with the hud is the big ass crosshairs for the shotgun, makes me hope the crosshair will be customisable and that I can just stick to a simple circle for everything.

Yeah I think it might be the compression, if you check the pics on the steam page they aren't as pixelly.

14 hours ago, General Vivi said:

Not sure how I missed this thread, thanks for the comments / feedback yall. Screen effect, there will be options to remove that. Lots of customization for the look / hud. 

Man, grats on the company logo, looks sick! from the tininess of my notification tray (my Twitter got banned but I keep getting notifications).

Holy fuck this looks awesome.

EDIT : And this is Vivi's game? Even more awesome!!

Edited by AlexM
didn't realize this was made by a mapcorian

This looks really cool congrats! Will there be an option to turn of the heavy pixelation? Only because while watching the trailer I found it really hard to focus and it gave me a slight headache. :(

7 hours ago, dux said:

This looks really cool congrats! Will there be an option to turn of the heavy pixelation? Only because while watching the trailer I found it really hard to focus and it gave me a slight headache. :(

Agreed. I did some tests with this shader on Unity before, and while it sounds cool on paper, it ended up being just a distraction. My feeling was that it didn't work well because the underlying render was still generated in 1080p, then downscaled and upscaled again, instead of actually being rendered at a lower resolution from the get go. Devil Daggers has this same effect but it works perfectly there. I suspect that since it's a custom engine, it renders at a lower resolution and then upscales to 1080p, instead of rendering in 1080p and lowering to the target resolution, and upscaling again (like the unity shader does). Or maybe the guy was just really smart about how he used the effect and made it "feel good". These are just suppositions, I could be talking out of my ass here!

Anyways, this looks really sick :D Proud of Vivi ❤️