Sign in to follow this  
Tisky

The Lion King

to be fair it looks better than the ruined Jungle Book, but fuck you Disney if I’m endorsing this milking with my money. I don’t care I’ll have to have a fight with my gf but won’t go.

Make some new stuff, possibly hand fucking drawn.

lol I usually don't care for remakes but this actually looks pretty sweet. (just need a lil edible before to make it 4D and to endure capitalist movie writing :lol:)

My kids are the "new" generation, classic cartoons are rare and not so fun for them. Sure they watched The Lion King, but they don't enjoy cartoons as much as i did. They have grown up with Pixar and other studios like it. I think it is sad but they just dont like old school cartoons as much as animated movies. 

So, that's partially why i am pumped for this, to go and see it with my kids. Although, i also enjoy 2 different versions of a movie. Sure, you can say Disney want's to milk it and be negative towards it before it has even gotten released, or you can see it for what it is. A different version of a great movie. 

I for one like Disney, they took Star Wars and actually made shit. Sure, it aint perfect but i sure enjoyed every movie so far. Atleast we are getting Star Wars movies. Same with Marvel flicks, alot of people are tired of superhero movies, i get it. Well they are doing well at the box office so they will keep coming. I love them. Sure old school cartoons are nice, i wish we got more of those too. 

Sorry for the rant!

Doing well at box office is a different thing from being a good movie. DC will keep doing movies, despite what we got after Nolan was shit apart from Womder Woman.

i do get what you say about new generation but I’m not completely sold on the fact that traditional animation can’t be enjoyed by them.

9 hours ago, blackdog said:

Doing well at box office is a different thing from being a good movie. DC will keep doing movies, despite what we got after Nolan was shit apart from Womder Woman.

i do get what you say about new generation but I’m not completely sold on the fact that traditional animation can’t be enjoyed by them.

Sure it is, i dislike all of DC's movies after Nolan. Wonder Woman was good but ended bad. Well my point is, i do get why people don't like it. I do not get why people have to hate it if it is a remake. If it was a long anticipated sequel or something i would undestand it more i guess.