Sign in to follow this  
Radu

Post your favorite moments from Video Games

Oh yeah, I remember Vice City making me feel like I was playing a movie. The stylish editing of the cut scenes felt so new for video games.

This specific Shambler encounter shit me right up when I was 13:

I think that was the moment I realised I wanted to make my own levels, so I could terrify people too.

Edited by text_fish

Well I guess there is a lot of good moment but I can remember 2 for sure.

On Silent Hill 2, wich was my first one, the first time you go in the otherworld in the hospital, I was like WATZEFUUUK ??? Incredible moment.

And more recently when I discovered with my wife the "thing" in the Witness. I don't want to spoil it but everyone who played the game will understand. Sooo awesome.

Edited by ElectroSheep

@Klems聽Ayy I get the same feeling in that bit despite how many times I've played it. I'm trying to think of some moments from Mirror's Edge, but can't picture anything. I'm sure there were plenty in that game, but maybe that's why they are less memorable?聽

It's not quite vertigo per-say, but I've yet to find a game that suggests "height" and general massive scale as well as聽Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II did. Of course if I go back now I'll probably find it pithy because games are so much bigger now, but at the time I was blown away by the verticality in some of the levels.