Dr.ParadoX

ERROR Model attempted to load one or more VMT's it can't find.

My guess is you have flipped normals. In Blender go into edit mode, select all faces and press Ctrl+N. This will automatically orientate the selected faces and should fix the problem.

The reason why you can't go into your pipe is the collision model. As you can see in your compile logs on the first page, the model compiler just creates one convex part. Holes are a bit tricky because they usually get covered and you have to make it clear for the compiler not to do that. Maybe I know a solution, but I have to do some testing first.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:32 PM, Dr.ParadoX said:

Right now I would like to make it possible to go in the pipe. I loaded the pipe into HLMV and it showed that the physics mesh ''closed'' up the holes. Why? How do I fix this?

for the collision mesh to work properly you have to make each piece of the collision into a separate convex piece, and ideally with smooth shading as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

convexhull.jpg.236a114fd052de86b170d87af29d7b15.jpg

make sure you don't merge the verts since all the pieces need to be separate.

and you should probably simplify it as well and use less pieces if possible, collisions can easily get complex.

Edited by tomm

8 hours ago, tomm said:

ideally with smooth shading as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I can confirm.

Yeah, you have to smooth shade them individually before grouping them together. Otherwise it'll again end up as a convex collision after exporting/compiling.

I managed to fix the pipe so that it is no longer hallow (thanks for that). But the physics mesh still closes up both ends of the pipe!

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (64).png

How do I tell the compiler to recognize holes? 

4 hours ago, Dr.ParadoX said:

How do I tell the compiler to recognize holes?

You shouldn't have to. Can you post a screenshot of your physics model in blender?

3 hours ago, esspho said:

It looks like you didn't smoothshade the individual parts before joining them together.

They should look like thissmooth.PNG.54bd64921926ea044f977f4b002ef2b0.PNG

On the original I did smoothshade them. Just I didnt save the original... 

I would like to thank all the participants for assisting me in this matter. Your help has been ivaluable. I now have a working pipe. Thank you all for your cooperation. I will not forget this... 

Turns out the last bit didnt work because I messed up. But I managed to fix it. And now my pipe works just fine! Thanks everyone!