cruptor

[CS:GO] de_sawmill (WIP)

I like the direction you're going but just as a general thing to notice without playing, I feel like the layout is a bit too complex, especially over on the right side. I'd have to run through and test it to see what I think would be better, but it definitely seems like there's too many routes and options all around the map atm.

Otherwise nice work so far, really liking the look of the more-detailed barn scene!

Edited by VIOLATION

3 hours ago, VIOLATION said:

I like the direction you're going but just as a general thing to notice without playing, I feel like the layout is a bit too complex, especially over on the right side. I'd have to run through and test it to see what I think would be better, but it definitely seems like there's too many routes and options all around the map atm.

Otherwise nice work so far, really liking the look of the more-detailed barn scene!

I agree with @VIOLATION

I have named the bombsite A & B for simplicity to explain.
I haven't checked the map either but based on the overview there is alot of empty space you should get rid off.
Why? It kind of creates odd angles you don't want. Some should dissapear and some should be less deep
I have marked this with the red crosses and lines (X) (______)

When going as a T to bombsite B that path all arround is pretty much useless.
If you want to give T's a stronger position there, maybe add some elevation in the main path for them to give some dynamic but don't overdo. 

The orange marker (?) are angles I am not sure about, these should be tested ingame if they should be this deep. 
The (____) space should be connected I think, otherwise you have to peek twice in that same connector.

sawmill.png

Edited by Roald

@VIOLATION Thanks. I totally agree with you that the right side of the map can be irritating and I'm already looking for a way to fix it without removing the barn 😁

@Roald I appreciate the feedback and i have changed/fixed some parts with dead spaces where i agree with you.

Right now, i do think that A needs more room since it's kinda narrow when more players are on the battlefield. It's hard for me to remove the barn and all the other path's attached to it but it's definitely out of place and needs fixing. My idea is to block the path for the CT's and use the barn as some sort of elevated passage to flank the main path. The next step would be to playtest it and see if there really no way of keeping it.

ycwV4Gs.gif

Thats why you shouldn't detail before the layout is ready 😏 

One thing I forgot to mention: B bombsite (left) seems so abandon of the rest of the map. Gotta be really hard for T's to get this site? Would love to see a better connection from mid to B. Now the connection goes through CT which is a long detour

There is one thing that concerns me about the B site. The fact that there are no alternative ways to get to B site. I think there should be a way to get to B from mid, w/o having to go a long route trough ct spawn. Now, this is just a suggestion, and is most likely not the best alt route to b, but I'm just saying you should look into it.

Sawmill overview new.png