Sign in to follow this  
Tisky

New/Old Diablo Game.

Seems like a pretty calculated business decision (it's going to make a shitload of money), but they stepped in it by alienating their hardcore fans with the promo beforehand. As usual, if you want to be greedy, it pays to be smart.

Perfectly legit response honestly, it shouldn't have been announced to that audience, it is the wrong market for it. If this had been announced anywhere else it wouldn't have caused this kind of backlash.

At this point Blizzard is being damaged by their damage control. Do not attempt to delete comments or dislikes. It will only backfire.

Edited by Vilham

Yeah i cannot speak for eveyone but i think people might feel like i did. Waiting for so long for any news at all regarding diablo. PC news, that is. Seeing the video that kinda hyped up alittle bit then the message that de-hyped it. Still, people was hoping for a D2 remaster or really anything, except for a mobile game. 

Look at Diablo 2. Look at Diablo 3. Look at Diablo Immortal. We are talking 20 years since Diablo 2. Six since Diablo 3. Who in the worlds name, thought that a mobile game would satisfy the already insanely unsatisfied fans of the IP.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:18 AM, FMPONE said:

Seems like a pretty calculated business decision (it's going to make a shitload of money), but they stepped in it by alienating their hardcore fans with the promo beforehand. As usual, if you want to be greedy, it pays to be smart.

Screw business, screw greed. It takes the soul out of everything. I wish Universal Basic Income was a thing already so people could just make what they want purely for the sake of creating something good.

1 hour ago, ChA1NsAw said:

Screw business, screw greed. It takes the soul out of everything. I wish Universal Basic Income was a thing already so people could just make what they want purely for the sake of creating something good.

Well yes, I highly doubt anyone woke up in the morning with a burning passion to work on a Diablo mobile game, considering the controls of a mobile game and those of an action-packed isometric RPG are kind of mutually exclusive, and Diablo has always been about atmosphere and mood, whereas phone games simply don’t provide that.

So what they were doing is taking the Diablo IP and milking it, and they got burned for it. 

I see this as a test moment for Blizzard, are they so big and corporate that they’re actually incapable of avoiding cash grabs and poor decisions? They have to realize that stuff like this dilutes the remaining value of their IPs. Whatever lead them to this, it wasn’t the pride of years past. The more they “succeed” at milking their customers, the harder it will be to realize this might not be the best course forward, and the more temptation to repeat the mistake at an even larger scale next time.