New/Old Diablo Game.

Tisky

Perfectly legit response honestly, it shouldn't have been announced to that audience, it is the wrong market for it. If this had been announced anywhere else it wouldn't have caused this kind of backlash.

At this point Blizzard is being damaged by their damage control. Do not attempt to delete comments or dislikes. It will only backfire.

Edited by Vilham

Yeah i cannot speak for eveyone but i think people might feel like i did. Waiting for so long for any news at all regarding diablo. PC news, that is. Seeing the video that kinda hyped up alittle bit then the message that de-hyped it. Still, people was hoping for a D2 remaster or really anything, except for a mobile game. 

Look at Diablo 2. Look at Diablo 3. Look at Diablo Immortal. We are talking 20 years since Diablo 2. Six since Diablo 3. Who in the worlds name, thought that a mobile game would satisfy the already insanely unsatisfied fans of the IP.

1 hour ago, ChA1NsAw said:

Screw business, screw greed. It takes the soul out of everything. I wish Universal Basic Income was a thing already so people could just make what they want purely for the sake of creating something good.

Well yes, I highly doubt anyone woke up in the morning with a burning passion to work on a Diablo mobile game, considering the controls of a mobile game and those of an action-packed isometric RPG are kind of mutually exclusive, and Diablo has always been about atmosphere and mood, whereas phone games simply don’t provide that.

So what they were doing is taking the Diablo IP and milking it, and they got burned for it. 

I see this as a test moment for Blizzard, are they so big and corporate that they’re actually incapable of avoiding cash grabs and poor decisions? They have to realize that stuff like this dilutes the remaining value of their IPs. Whatever lead them to this, it wasn’t the pride of years past. The more they “succeed” at milking their customers, the harder it will be to realize this might not be the best course forward, and the more temptation to repeat the mistake at an even larger scale next time.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, blackdog said:

As devs are you angry about this fan reaction?

I would say I'm quite happy about these reactions.

A lot of decisions recently are being made that are completely anti consumer. Game ideas being made by what seems like marketing or business people with little input from actual designers. With the express purpose of milking a fanbase instead of providing content that people want. I would point to Fallout 76 being the perfect example of this, the Fallout IP slapped onto a very generic MP survival game. And what ends up being made is a micro transaction store with a half arsed game attached to it. Diablo Immortal is no doubt going to be the same.