Sign in to follow this  
Tisky

New/Old Diablo Game.

Well the Blizzcon schedule dropped, and Diablo takes on the Mythic stage first after the opening ceremony.

There has already been tons of rumors, Diablo 4, Diablo MMORPG, Diablo 2 Remastered, etc. Well with the schedule people have jumped aboard the hypetrain for real.
I for one still play Diablo 3, and would not be sad if there was some kind of update there. I do not dare to hope for a Diablo 4 and a Diablo MMORPG feels like a long shot.

What do you guys think? D4 Incoming? Is it time already? It has only been 6 years lol.

Edited by Tisky

I want a new game that looks beyond the Diablo formula. I’d like to see a reinvention of the IP, much like we saw with Breath of the Wild and God of War. But even if it turns out to be another top down dungeon crawler, I’ll take it. 😁

A third person action-RPG take on the Diablo franchise feels like it could be amazing. :D 

How have i missed this!? One month ago:

God i have a Diablo-boner right now. If it is Diablo 2 HD or a new (unlikely) expansion for D3, i will still be amazingly happy. There is hope!

I know people kick and hate on Diablo 3, heck, i was anti-diablo. My brother got me Diablo 3 back in 2012 when my fiancee broke up with me. I really had nothing better to do than try the game. I kinda got hooked, getting legendaries was fun. Leveling was fun. When paragon came, i was first to reach 100, everyone else had stopped playing long since by then.

In came Reaper of Souls, all my friends came back. We had a big old-school LAN when it released and man, in hindsight it sure was a great expansion.  But again, my friends stopped playing. One after another stopped logging in. I think by Season 9 i was alone, and i am still alone playing. 

The point i am trying to make, is that if Diablo 3 had a better end-game , people would have kept playing more. I always dreamt of doing missions and raids in Diablo, sort of like in World of Warcraft. Man wouldn't that have been more fun than those pesky greater rifts? A good second expansion could, in my eyes, actually work. 

I will keep dreaming on, it is only a month to blizzcon and right now anything new Diablo-wise, will make me happier.

Edited by Tisky

It is what it is, and it makes sense from a financial (hesitant to say business..) perspective I suppose. I will ackowledge that there are good mobile games out there, but I don’t have any room for them in my life. They’re for the most part just another distraction, much like social media. Always there when you don’t need them.