The Witcher - Netflix TV Show

blackdog

On 12/24/2019 at 3:53 AM, blackdog said:

Watched the first three episodes and being uber tired doesn't help... but also my partner is saying she's not understanding anything about the show.

I mean I got a few bits but the plots feel as apart as ever rather than converging. I hope it'll make sense by the end, cos I'm not going back and rewatch from the beginning just to get the full of it.

Feels like a discount version of GoT where they needed to get some action right off the bat instead of building the characters.

Lol, same here. I got so bored and simply gave up. Nothing makes sense, and some of the scenes are so obviously CG that I cringed a bit. (even backgrounds as simple as a brick wall are CG 🤦)

Saw the whole season now. Thought it was great, liked it waaaay more than GoT. Honestly I’d like to not compare that show at all but if it can keep from getting into the shitshow GoT got into after a few seasons count me in!

The different timelines were a little confusing at first. As for the visuals it didn’t really bother me at all tbh.

A rough but solid foundation to build season 2 off of. I think I'd prefer it more if it was structured like the mandolorian. Just Geralt and pals out and about killing beasts and having fun. Trying to cram all of the witchers detailed backstory and history into these epidodes is a bit too much for anyone to chew on. I know a lot about the back story but even I got confused at times.

On 12/27/2019 at 6:13 AM, PhilipK said:

Saw the whole season now. Thought it was great, liked it waaaay more than GoT. Honestly I’d like to not compare that show at all but if it can keep from getting into the shitshow GoT got into after a few seasons count me in!

The different timelines were a little confusing at first. As for the visuals it didn’t really bother me at all tbh.

Now that the dust has settled... can I ask why you liked it?

I know comparisons can be out of place, and I don't want to turn this into Witcher VS GoT, but everyone I talked to (and read here) says The Witcher is confusing. The only comparison I want to do is that GoT does a much better job establishing the geography of the kingdom(s), the factions...

Just to be clear, the problem is not the timeline, that is much more linear than other movies/shows, but the unexplained lore.

[test] why can't i edit the post?

• 2 weeks later...