novo88

[CS:GO] de_policeacademy

From a few minutes of game play I noticed several things. 

(1) I couldn't see 5 feet in front of me because there were black boxes obstructing my view.

(2) As middle only adds one connection to another site it is not very valuable. Also it is CT sided (mid) which is not good on de maps. Make it easier for T side to take. Perhaps move the iconic monument towards them.

(3) Rotation times were on the fast side and pretty much all involved traversing CT spawn unless you wanted to take a really slow route.

(4) the area where the elevation changes is really bad. Besides being dead space most of the time it provides a cross map angle which is generally a really bad thing because awps dominate it. Suggestion: smush the two sections together.

(5) the right of B (as seen from CT) is dead space as anyone going down the stairs has no line of sight on bomb

Don't be too discouraged. This is a really good effort for a first map (I am currently making my first too). I just have many hours in CS and have found that big open spaces that cross the whole map almost never work. T spawn is cool nice storytelling touch. The overall aesthetic works as well.

Thank you for the feedback!

I already fixed the textures issue, it wasn't packed correctly sorry. I've changed the layout on the mid and the elevation area many times, it hasn't really worked for me either but i'll try to join them and find a way to avoid having one long area crossing the map. I'll also take a look at the B site issue.

Thank you again for taking the time to take a look at it, it's very useful.

This looks sick man for sure. Definitely cool to see this amazing theme and idea! Feels like if you test it in gameplay it may feel like there are too many long open streets for ct's to have strong control of. The detail you've made looks fantastic though.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:37 AM, MrRuck said:

How did you make that overview :)

I followed this tutorial and a little bit of Photoshop. 

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Creating_a_working_mini-map

20 hours ago, trevor said:

This looks sick man for sure. Definitely cool to see this amazing theme and idea! Feels like if you test it in gameplay it may feel like there are too many long open streets for ct's to have strong control of. The detail you've made looks fantastic though.

Thank you! I playtested it last week and got some things to work on now, like making mid a viable option for Ts to push and fixing B site and building. I'm trying to work on the balance and avoiding some long angles too :)

Edited by novo88