[CS:GO] de_policeacademy

novo88

From a few minutes of game play I noticed several things. 

(1) I couldn't see 5 feet in front of me because there were black boxes obstructing my view.

(2) As middle only adds one connection to another site it is not very valuable. Also it is CT sided (mid) which is not good on de maps. Make it easier for T side to take. Perhaps move the iconic monument towards them.

(3) Rotation times were on the fast side and pretty much all involved traversing CT spawn unless you wanted to take a really slow route.

(4) the area where the elevation changes is really bad. Besides being dead space most of the time it provides a cross map angle which is generally a really bad thing because awps dominate it. Suggestion: smush the two sections together.

(5) the right of B (as seen from CT) is dead space as anyone going down the stairs has no line of sight on bomb

Don't be too discouraged. This is a really good effort for a first map (I am currently making my first too). I just have many hours in CS and have found that big open spaces that cross the whole map almost never work. T spawn is cool nice storytelling touch. The overall aesthetic works as well.

Thank you for the feedback!

I already fixed the textures issue, it wasn't packed correctly sorry. I've changed the layout on the mid and the elevation area many times, it hasn't really worked for me either but i'll try to join them and find a way to avoid having one long area crossing the map. I'll also take a look at the B site issue.

Thank you again for taking the time to take a look at it, it's very useful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 4:37 AM, MrRuck said:

How did you make that overview :)

I followed this tutorial and a little bit of Photoshop. 

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Creating_a_working_mini-map

20 hours ago, trevor said:

This looks sick man for sure. Definitely cool to see this amazing theme and idea! Feels like if you test it in gameplay it may feel like there are too many long open streets for ct's to have strong control of. The detail you've made looks fantastic though.

Thank you! I playtested it last week and got some things to work on now, like making mid a viable option for Ts to push and fixing B site and building. I'm trying to work on the balance and avoiding some long angles too :)

Edited by novo88

Amazing work on the update, I genuinely have no clue how you redesign and update the layout with the full panorama map so cleanly good work. I had some friends take a look with me and the points we found were that the catwalk you made on A site might be a little too tight? The only other issue is the bomb being able to be planted inside the truck trailer might be a bit too good though the layout with the truck itself might be good. My biggest feeling is there that might be too much. As in having two floors accessible in the buildings next to the bombsites is fine, but also having the connections to mid and an underground area between the two sections might be too much? Absolutely love the work and feel put into the map! Definitely looks like something having my mates try to pug on to playtest we'd have a good time. Appreciate the work and ideas you're putting into this.

Hey thank you for taking a look at it and giving me some feedback, I really appreciate it!

I never thought about the catwalk issue but it's an easy fix, I'll take a look at it. 

The ability to plant in the truck I thought was a fun thing to do, wasn't sure about it but yeah, it's probably too much.

Finally, I think you might be right about the underground passage, because initially there was no fast and safe way for Ts to rotate from A to B because mid was too big, but that might not be the case anymore so I'll seriously think about removing it.