[HP]

Doom Eternal

Blaming the "company" is a bit simplistic in these situations. Every big company works in different ways of course, but more often than not when "PR disasters" like this happen, it's usually the fuck up of one or two people. The game directors and the people making the game very rarely have any input on trailers or teasers, because they're too busy actually making the game.

So what usually happens is, you have a very small team of people in charge of synchronizing with a third party vendor, actually making these trailers. These people, they don't really care about the same things we do, or that gamers do, they don't do "artistic choices", they do market research and analysis, they're aware of current trends that work and jump on those bandwagons. Their job is to market a product at all costs.

Biggest irony ever, is that when you go against the grain and make something different, it almost always works! Which is what they thought they were doing in this spot, but they ended up looking out of touch.

Remember this? This is what I'm talking about.

What a non issue, it's a tv-spot marketed towards a completely different group of people than us cheetos eating gamers, looking for anything to create outrage from. Look at the replies made earlier in this thread, they've already sold the game to you...

Edited by Pampers

30 minutes ago, Pampers said:

What a non issue, it's a tv-spot marketed towards a completely different group of people than us cheetos eating gamers, looking for anything to create outrage from. Look at the replies made earlier in this thread, they've already sold the game to you...

"Non-issues" are sometimes the things that fascinates me the most in today's society. If anything for a goof. It's really interesting to see what people get all up in arms about sometimes, and more often than not, it's due to passion. It all comes from excitement, obsession and pride in this media, all these are forms of passions. And oh boy, are gamers passionate.

16 hours ago, [HP] said:

Blaming the "company" is a bit simplistic in these situations. Every big company works in different ways of course, but more often than not when "PR disasters" like this happen, it's usually the fuck up of one or two people. The game directors and the people making the game very rarely have any input on trailers or teasers, because they're too busy actually making the game.

So what usually happens is, you have a very small team of people in charge of synchronizing with a third party vendor, actually making these trailers. These people, they don't really care about the same things we do, or that gamers do, they don't do "artistic choices", they do market research and analysis, they're aware of current trends that work and jump on those bandwagons. Their job is to market a product at all costs.

Biggest irony ever, is that when you go against the grain and make something different, it almost always works! Which is what they thought they were doing in this spot, but they ended up looking out of touch.

Remember this? This is what I'm talking about.

Gears’ Mad World I always seen it regarded as a great videogame spot, I liked it and I think fits much more than an hip-hop to market a soul-eating metal game.

That being said, I’m aware of all that you said even not working in the game industry, nobody is blaming id Software in the comments, people blame Bethesda that has collected a sleuth of fuckups in the last couple years. Not sure if they use third party agencies but I expect a big company like that to have their own marketing dept. Either under Bethesda or Zenimax. Whoever oversaw this or created the brief “fucked up”. And it’s the kind of thing that maybe only 1-2 people are responsible for, but reflects on the whole company so they should probably take it more seriously. Or maybe nobody cares other than fans :)

12 hours ago, Pampers said:

Yeah of course, maybe should have made it clearer… I don’t honestly care, the game is sold to us, as you say. I wonder what will be the reaction of the “normie” gamer that will be enticed to buy by this, and then will be slapped in the face by metal music as soon as they launch the game. Probably still a non-issue but interesting to reflect on. I don’t think I’ve seen any game tv-spot that was actually good/interesting to watch.

25 minutes ago, dux said:

Bet none of you would be happy if valve released a HL Alyx trailer with a Beyonce soundtrack over it.

All the single ladies, All the single ladies!!!

That is such a winner

14 days until it’s out.

I wasn’t really counting, but as time has drew closer, after listening to Martin’s most recent press, this is sneaking up on me and slowly building pressure.

Guess I’m in a mood for “mindless” shooting, I was about to download Painkiller after realising I have it in my library the other night

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/5Wx9QeorMSfMZCwLg6VpoS/doom-eternal-launch-details?utm_source=Community&utm_medium=Social

Specifications

PC Ultra-Nightmare Specs (2160p / 60 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings) OR (1440p / 120 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i9-9900K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or better
  • 16GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11GB)
  • 50 GB hard drive space

PC Recommended Specs (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
  • 8GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB)
  • OR (1080p/ 60 FPS / High Quality Settings) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB) Note : On GTX 970 only - set Texture Quality to Medium
  • 50 GB hard drive space

PC Minimum Specs (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)

• 64-bit Windows 7/64-Bit Windows 10
  • Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
  • 8GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or RX 470 (4GB)
  • 50 GB hard drive space

Note: HDR is available on PC, hardware permitting