[HP]

Doom Eternal

I’m all over “more of the same” for certain games, but I wasn’t impressed last year, and the new media didn’t do anything for me.

Just like i was more into the original DOS Doom than Doom 2.

I don’t like the blade. The environments just look messy rather than arty like the previous game. I don’t even like the added bit on the logo.

That clip of the new mode looks like something out of a mobile game or by some weird mod team.

Edited by blackdog

HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN UNPOPULAR OPINION, GET OUT NOW! /s

Personally I think it looks great fun though. I do agree that the glowing swords look a bit lame though, like they're straight out of some flouncy anime thing rather than a gritty, gory shooter.

6 hours ago, Interfearance said:

Yeah things are starting to look like a 3D moba instead of a slash and shoot. This kinda offput me but I didn't wanna say it in fear of having an unpopular opinion.

I just said I liked GoT s8 a few days ago, I think you'll be alright.

That angelic like being made me think in Diablo for some reason.

They are surely doing a good job at promoting Vulkan. Everything looks smooth and with no hard edges anywhere. I won't be surprised if they win the best graphics award.

Edited by 0kelvin

so hyped for this, more gameplay coming today too!

battlemode looks cool but... can it make a mark in the ultra-competitive market place of mp games? 🤔

also, im generally veeeeeery skeptical of games with an asymmetrical player count - I think a 2vs2 mode (with potential respawns on the demon side) could be interesting, as it allows the teams to switch sides and so on