┌HP┘

Doom Eternal

On 8/8/2020 at 7:23 AM, Erratic said:

Replaying a bit on Nightmare, I think glory kills were not a good idea. I am available for game design consulting DM me.

They were the whole innovation of 2016, I really liked it. I haven’t yet played Eternal because all the critics to the progression system, but from what I’ve seen in video I don’t like the finishers, the blade seems out of character to me.

It's integrated into the design and maybe I didn't think about it as much in 2016 since the game wasn't as hectic, but something about an fps that disincentives you from shooting the shit out of enemies to completion is conterintuitive. Being in constant fear of missing a glory kill opportunity is kind of just fucking annoying. Nightmare exacerbates this since it's basically required to stay alive.

15 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Did you manage to complete Doom on nightmare @Erratic? I gave it a try, got to the foundry level I think, after several hours of play (just the first stage took long enough) then I basically gave up.

I gave up during a normal playthrough on a platforming puzzle that was rather difficult to do with a steam controller (long jumps, shooting a button while flying to open the last gate). 

I think that was towards end of the game anyway, doubt I missed much.

F for respect to whoever played this on nightmare :D

9 hours ago, blackdog said:

Did you manage to complete Doom on nightmare @Erratic? I gave it a try, got to the foundry level I think, after several hours of play (just the first stage took long enough) then I basically gave up.

Nah not even close, got a 2 or 3 levels in I think, that's all.