By reading through Doom's (2016) wiki I finally learned why I have a predominantly negative attitude towards these new Doom games.

Carmack stated that it would feature gameplay more akin to the original Doom games rather than the survival horror gameplay of Doom 3.

While it looks like an incredibly fun multiplayer, I don't feel the slightest urge to play single player. Doom 3 however, I'm reinstalling tomorrow.

Edited by Blackadder

Doom 3 is an absolutely amazing game, if you were to ask me my top5 favourit games ever, it would probably end up on that list. I was able to appreciate it for what it was, a different kind of game from Doom I/II. It got hate for being different, and I loved it for having the balls to actually be different. (Also... some of the best textures in any game, ever!)

Same reason I was able to enjoy Doom 2016 a lot, it's a reboot of the franchise, just like Doom 3, so I was able to appreciate it for what it tried to do, rather than bring my emotional and nostalgia baggage into it and ruin the experience.

I like the name Doom Eternal btw, I like they didn't call it Doom 2. Even Doom 3 should have been called something else, specially since it's so different from the two that preceded it, when you have a number in front of a sequel, it brings a certain list of expectations, that can be a hindrance. And now that I think about it, Doom 2016 is kind of the Doom 3 people were expecting back then in terms of the design language and the structural gameplay pillars it stands on.

Pumped to see this!

I like they implemented the grappling hook, that shit makes every game better, but I don't like much it's implementation and the Doomguy upgrades: the blade animations I like less than the old headsplits and punches, and I think would feel more fluid if the hook was installed in place of the blade. Shoot while gliding, shoot what you want.

I feel there has been a palette change in terms of graphic, as well it feels they are making it feel a bit more "flat" and cartoonish than I expected. Not complaining really, I mostly like the effect, but at the same time some effects make me feel like when they released trailers with unfinished/unpolished FX, in particular the gore system gives me that impression.

I was hoping for a less "meaty" demo in terms of environment, I loved the hell maps in D2016, but this areas with "meat" everywhere nit so much.

This game looks delicious

Crossing fingers for a new and improved map editor 🤤

Also I feel like the movement is slow comparing to the last one, I don't know why... maybe it's just an impression 🤔

I hope they will make the grapple hook a bit faster too...

Edited by MikeGon

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyypppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fucking love Doom.

10 minutes ago, WD said:

Those alt fire modes remind me of some of the crazy stuff Painkiller had. Someone should reboot that franchise, btw. I miss the old telephone pole gun 😟

Fuck yeh

On 8/16/2018 at 10:41 PM, WD said:

Those alt fire modes remind me of some of the crazy stuff Painkiller had. Someone should reboot that franchise, btw. I miss the old telephone pole gun 😟

Witchfire

12 hours ago, Radu said:

Witchfire

That's what I said 😅

On 8/16/2018 at 10:41 PM, WD said:

Those alt fire modes remind me of some of the crazy stuff Painkiller had. Can't wait for the faithful reboot, Witchfire!! 😍