General Vivi

The Door Challenge - 2018 - General Discussion Thread

I've been trying a bit to build something for a few days but i keep getting vertices off the grid after loading the vmf ...

I have a decent simple gameplay and design idea but I'm just slowed down by this kind of bugs all the time. I'm tired of source ... 

UtHZp5f.png:-

:( 

EDIT : HammerPatch seems to be a great fix for this kind of issue. Thank you klems as usual!
https://github.com/crashfort/HammerPatch
(read the ReadMe.md)

Edited by leplubodeslapin

How's everyone doing?

Make sure you focus on the gameplay first @FMPONE ! Adding fancy graphics won't get you any points :P , I would discourage it unless it's meaningful to the experience or gameplay. 

Seeing all of these other entries... almost makes me want to do a second one :D

1 hour ago, General Vivi said:

How's everyone doing?

Make sure you focus on the gameplay first @FMPONE ! Adding fancy graphics won't get you any points :P , I would discourage it unless it's meaningful to the experience or gameplay. 

Seeing all of these other entries... almost makes me want to do a second one :D

Too late, my entry now has the best graphics of any game shipped this year. Or next year, for that matter.

Neat submissions!

Tried the standalone ones for now (next time will try mods), had technical problems with 2 of them:

• @General Vivi's entry leaves me stuck in the white floor in the beginning, and it seems I'm unable to do anything... (Also I don't have "touchpad and trigger", but hopefully regular keyboard and mouse are supported too)
  • In @Misieq10's puzzle I can't find the way to move boxes. Unity input remapping dialog suggests mouse buttons, but no luck with them.

2 hours ago, scorched said:

Neat submissions!

Tried the standalone ones for now (next time will try mods), had technical problems with 2 of them:

• @General Vivi's entry leaves me stuck in the white floor in the beginning, and it seems I'm unable to do anything... (Also I don't have "touchpad and trigger", but hopefully regular keyboard and mouse are supported too)
  •  In @Misieq10's puzzle I can't find the way to move boxes. Unity input remapping dialog suggests mouse buttons, but no luck with them.

I'm afraid that @General Vivi's game is VR only, which leaves us all frustrated and angry...

Sure, already did!

EDIT: Got the other game's controls! You're supposed to hold left mouse button, not just click as in other entries! 😅

Edited by scorched
Got the other game's controls