Vaya

[CSGO] Victoria

I like the idea of the window and seperating the bridge approach from the actual site. I get some very nice de_contra vibes there! Love it.

image.png.dcb9365dacf78fb0a65d39a269ef55e3.png
Don't forget to add clip brushes here before the next playtest. I feel like this headpeek could be very strong, while still open to the bridge window. Players would tend away from using it if the movement is as choppy as shown in this gif.

Great progress guys! Hope you'll release the next version soon. Eager to check it and take part in another playtes!

1 hour ago, poLemin said:

Don't forget to add clip brushes here before the next playtest. I feel like this headpeek could be very strong, while still open to the bridge window. Players would tend away from using it if the movement is as choppy as shown in this gif.

Will be clipped before the next playtest for sure. And yeah, that peek could be very powerful. I'm already debating wether to block it off, but I'll guess we'll see how it does in the next test first.

6 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I need to play this again. Digging the changes, although I liked the back of the site being open.

I liked it too but the amount of entrances and playable space around the site made it very uncomfortable to take, plant and defend for Ts. Something had to go and the second door from CT got the short end. Some things just aren't meant to work out :(

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it!

On 9/23/2018 at 1:20 AM, Interfearance said:

I want more content I'm exited to see where this map goes lol no pressure! Also can you share how you texture the arches when you do? My map will have allot and I can't find how they did it on inferno CT spawn

Inferno uses models for arches. Afaik the texture for them are like 3 very generic brick colors and 1 grout color. The UVs for the bricks and the grout is then just stacked over these colors. Looks alright as long as you don't look too close at it.
In general, to get nice arches, models are your best bet. You can use the ones from inferno, canals and cobble, or make your own :)

22 hours ago, blackdog said:

Like this! (Wouldn’t rotate that texture on the metal structure)

Is the test tonight?

lol pretty much all texture work/detailing on the map just now is temp. I do passes on my maps to get a rough idea out and then incrementally make it better and better. probably a shit workflow but it's how I've always done it.