Vaya

[CSGO] Victoria

On 9/23/2018 at 1:20 AM, Interfearance said:

I want more content I'm exited to see where this map goes lol no pressure! Also can you share how you texture the arches when you do? My map will have allot and I can't find how they did it on inferno CT spawn

Inferno uses models for arches. Afaik the texture for them are like 3 very generic brick colors and 1 grout color. The UVs for the bricks and the grout is then just stacked over these colors. Looks alright as long as you don't look too close at it.
In general, to get nice arches, models are your best bet. You can use the ones from inferno, canals and cobble, or make your own :)

11 hours ago, blackdog said:

Like this! (Wouldn’t rotate that texture on the metal structure)

Is the test tonight?

Lol yeah, we need a custom texture for that.

We want to test next week, probably on thursday, unless something gets in our way.

22 hours ago, blackdog said:

Like this! (Wouldn’t rotate that texture on the metal structure)

Is the test tonight?

lol pretty much all texture work/detailing on the map just now is temp. I do passes on my maps to get a rough idea out and then incrementally make it better and better. probably a shit workflow but it's how I've always done it.

Cool, update this topic as well when you test, but I’ll keep in mind Thursday and try to be there

@Vaya sounds a good way to me, think one needs to explore how some areas could look or the overall feeling for a map even early on. Guess one can better assess what/how many assets they need etc

Edited by blackdog

Just uploaded the playtest ready version to the workshop. Here is a before /after of the layout. We made small changes to the cover and paths, mostly around A and B site. I think the bombsite's layouts are mostly finished. Hopefully the coming 5v5 test will confirm that. There's also a bunch more concept art in the level now, so here are some impressions from it.

fGn9tHM.jpg

RuIrFiD.jpg

jNGe5v3.jpg

Hope to see some of you at the playtest :D

Really solid layout so far. My only big criticism (besides the somewhat popular opinion that the B bridge window is a bit unbalanced) is that I feel A's mid connections are a bit lacking. Terrorists have barely any incentive to go A through mid as the only connection is at the very end of mid. I know it's a big change, but my suggestion would be to connect mid to the indoor route to A. It would add incentives for both teams to have a mid presence, and add some variety to Terrorist's A takes. It would also allow for easier rotates for terrorists if they decide to go B. 

download.jpg.e360504074ae9c76dd246917a9a93616.jpg

As I said, I think the layout is solid, but feel the mid doesn't serve the purpose it should in it's current state. Obviously you guys have played the map a ton more than me, but this is just how I view it. Great map, though 😀

Edited by OPzy

I haven’t played the latest versions, but not all areas of maps need to be very connected.

I see the choice as a balance of ability to take/retake, looking at the layout, A-site makes me think of Inferno B-site. It’s tucked in a corner with only one way in for both teams.