Sign in to follow this  
Vaya

[CSGO] Victoria

Pretty nice theme. I am not sure about the map itself, it does not really have anything that original in it. Looks like another bland 3-lane map. I think most people don't care to play the same level with different visuals. You should try to add some kind of special hook into the level: Something that makes it unique among the thousands of visually pleasing 3-lane layouts. Stuff like one-way drops, boosts, radical bombsite designs, ladders or whatnot. I am usually in the mindset that the layout comes before the theme, and the theme should be fit against the layout, not vice versa. Haven't really seen many 3-lane maps in operations, less so ones with very unoriginal gameplay.

But yeah, nice visuals but very bland and boring bombsites.

As a site note, you should allow for a bit more smoke spots. I tried smoking couple sightlines but the nade couldn't fit perfectly, leaving very small holes.

EDIT: I just realized you can boost in T spawn in order to look over to A site. It's incredibly overpowered position. Hell, you can look over the planted bomb like that.

Edited by Tynnyri

thanks for your feedback but we've been playtesting the map and will base changes on that.

edit - first 2 props done by @csWaldo based on this ref - https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5062928,-0.0832479,2a,75y,352.87h,77.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sHkDElsg5utiF7Gun_O-0Kw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Sized differently + cover added for gameplay purposes

FN0yNRO.png

39 minutes ago, Vaya said:

thanks for your feedback but we've been playtesting the map and will base changes on that.

Geez, it was just a friendly reminder that you're not following this guide you sent me passive-aggressively; The layout doesn't allow for any teamwork. It might be or become balanced, but it surely isn't the next Mirage. 

1 hour ago, Tynnyri said:

Geez, it was just a friendly reminder that you're not following this guide you sent me passive-aggressively; The layout doesn't allow for any teamwork. It might be or become balanced, but it surely isn't the next Mirage. 

Dude just because your map had bad design decisions that most beginners make, doesn't mean you have to harass this guy for pointing out the obvious, id also argue you cant rightfully say the layout doesn't allow for teamwork when as far I can tell, you've never play tested the map.

Hey, don't ask for feedback if you're just going to laugh at the guy the instant it's not all positive. Nobody's forcing you to take critizism, so you can tell people to not do it.

Edited by Tynnyri

1 hour ago, Tynnyri said:

Hey, don't ask for feedback if you're just going to laugh at the guy the instant it's not all positive. Nobody's forcing you to take critizism, so you can tell people to not do it.

Hey, it's good to see that you've taken an interest in people's creations on mapcore and are providing feedback. There's nothing like people working together to better their maps. That being said, you've shared your opinion on the map and provided feedback (which is honestly more critical than constructive). Now stop bothering these guys and filling the thread with unnecessary noise. If you have something to settle with them, take it to private messaging.